Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I woke this morning and, in the spirit of all things 'merican, and in celebration of our independence, I went fishing.

I didn't realize God Almighty decided to flood the earth overnight, so was greeted by yoohoo, a several foot rise, and swift movement. I'm almost certain I glimpsed
Animals traveling two by two.

Anyway, I tried a few muddy water techiniques to no avail, but ended up chest deep at one point, retrieving my spinner bait. Later, I hung up my rebel craw on a rock pile and went after it with success. On the return trip, as I stepped knee deep into the swift moving water, I lost my footing and went for a dunk, managing to keep my head above water, AND keep track of my rod. It took a few moments to get away from rock and limb debris, but I was never in danger. At that point, I decided to call it. I left empty handed, but was glad to have made it out. Too bad there wad no video footage.

Anyone else as brave/stupid as me today?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was fully planning on it all week until I went out yesterday morning. I got to my usual spot on the GMR and saw that it was WAY too muddy and moving too fast to do much of anything. I tried what I could but didn't have any luck. After seeing the weather radar and watching it rain all morning, I decided to stay inside today and catch up on some reading instead.

·
Registered
182 Posts
My friend jeff got out this morning and got a nice large mouth so that inspired me to drag my wife out to fish in the rain, needless to say that didnt last long, i struck out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts