close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

4th of July at Mogadore

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by leeabu, Jul 4, 2004.

1. Great day! Pretty much had the lake to myself in the afternoon after the rains rolled through. I missed two dinks on my Rattlin Rap. Then I got on the fish in the grass in 9 FOW. 24 on a Senko most over 15 inches one 21 inches. Then drifting over shallow weeds two on a buzzbait one 19 inches.

2. dang, those are some nice fish, and all in one day. What do you guess they weighed? I caught a nice fat 18 incher out of a pond around here yesterday on a senko. The thing had to been pushing almost 4 pounds.

Are you talking about the really thick grass on the South end right past the 3 islands?

3. 21 incher was maybe 6 lbs. 19 incher about 4.5lbs. Those are guesses but very close to typical weight/size at Mogadore. I went back today and only 4 fish. Two were about 15 inches. I had one on that was pulling drag on my baitcaster like it was nothing but I never got a hook in her. I was in the north end.

4. JohnBoat

JohnBoat OU Bassmaster

Good goin' Leeabu...when you say you were getting them in the grass in 9 fow how did you have your senko rigged?

5. Texas rigged with a 3/16 oz titanium bullet sinker. It is so small it comes through the grass with ease.

6. JohnBoat

JohnBoat OU Bassmaster

Thanks..I'll probably hit Mog over the weekend sometime and give that a try

7. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

I hit mogadore sat. night and we caught about 30 between us, biggest was 19 in and went back out mon, and it was dead after about 9 am. we got 13, but got crowded by some guys. they came about 5 feet from out boat and seemed to be doing the same thing all over the lake, which they were covering quickly.Monday, the fish seemed to be hitting rattlin raps, we had to troll them deep though, over 18-20 ft of water.

8. Correction. Tungston 3/16 oz sinker.