42 point buck

Discussion in 'The Lodge' started by MATTY DOG, Dec 4, 2007.

1. got sent a picture of 42 point buck that said it was hit by a car in the lima area around colonial golf course just wondering if it was true or someone pulling my leg?

2. I have family in the lima area and haven't heard anything about it.

3. got the same picture and story

4. Well let's see the pictures!!! I am sure we will have plenty of folks here to dispel the rumor.:D:D

5. WELL.............. WHO EVER GOT PICS. OF THIS BUCK I SURE AS H*** WOULD LIKE TOO SEE THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND I AIN,T A JOKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! pappygto@aol.com

6. this is what i got on my phone.

[​IMG]

7. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

that picture is one of the famed amish buck from last year

8. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Correct. I got that same picture on November 16, last year, along with this one

Attached Files:

9. the pic that smallie posted is the one that was sent to me.

10. those 2 bucks look different are you sure they are the same?

11. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Here is a clearer pic of the one smally posted. If you look at the rack closely (although it is at a slightly different angle), you can clealry see that it is the same

Attached Files:

12. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

They look like the same deer to me....

Attached Files:

13. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

here's one more picture of the deer loaded on an Amish atv.

Attached Files:

14. man that is one fine deer, dis it take any records?

15. I believe it something like the 4th largest ever taken. It is referred to as the Schmucker Buck. If you do a Google search for that you will find several references to it.

16. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

Attached Files:

17. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

i saw that photo last year too. those to pics are of the same deer. even the ears are laying the same. need more evidence, look at the brow tine on your left. looks like a castle from a chess set. it would be almost impossiable for 2 different deer to have that same tine and that many points too. but, i see what your saying. i really had to look very close to tell at first.

18. ya, they do look the same the different angle got me but the 2 pics together you can see that they are the same. Thanks for posting those pics together. glad to here that someone got the chnace to expierence a hunt like that and that the deer wasn't hit by a car.

19. i dont think its the same deer, the adams county deer is got a few small diffrences, its close but i dont think so. i would like to see what the dnr says about it. anyone no when they are going to release any info?

20. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

there is a 4 year old out at west branch that would beat any of these