Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 1982 Alumacraft Backtroller with the original 40hp Mercury tiller outboard from the original owner. I’m putting a new engine on in the spring so I’m selling the old one. It looks to be in great shape but he said it idled rough the last time he used it, which was in 2002. We think it’s because of a cracked hose (not sure exactly what that hose is called but it’s under the cowling on the starboard side, about 1/2 in dia) that’s causing the motor to suck too much air but it’s hard to say. Everything still turns smooth. It has electric start, which is super cool. Gear case appears to be in solid shape. The fuel was stabilized in the tank when it was put into storage but that was 18 years ago ... so you probably need a new tank or at least to clean it out. I’m guessing it needs other work too just because it’s sat so long.

I haven’t run this motor, so you’re buying it as is. I know nothing about outboard mechanics but I can send photos of details if needed.

I don’t have a price in mind. Make an offer. Or, I need a 24-volt bow-mount trolling motor with a 52-inch or longer shaft. Offer me a trade?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Location & shaft length please. I would suspect that it is a 20" engine but it's best to measure. Inquiring for a customer here in Celina,OH. Thanks, Mike Bruns 419-305-8111 cell # w/ text & V/M.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m in Seneca County.

Forgot to mention I have the original maintenance manual that came with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts