close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

40hp Evinrude.

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by Zfish, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

0   0   0

Just seeing out of curiousity. I have a 1984 Evenrude 40hp that has 144, 142 compression runs great, pumps water great, everything works wonderful but it does need a clutch dog (reverse slips) If you do it your self its a fairly inexpensive fix. to have a mechanic do it its about 200 to 250 from my price quotes. Im thinking of going with a mercury 50hp because I prefer them and also my all of my boat gauges are for Merc and I want a little more mph for our vacation next month on lake cumberland. Im also looking at a merc 60 I believe both of these have trim and tilt.

I also have an aftermarket jack plate with trim and tilt that will go with the motor and controls if I end up getting the mercury. For everything prop included and I was looking to get 700. I use it just how it is now and I have a possible extra lower unit I was getting off of ebay (not sure if I won yet). If anyone would be interested please let me know. I'll be more than happy to take you to the lake 10 min from my house and run it on my boat currently. Comes with everything :) If interested please post, pm or email me at mzortman@hotmail.com for more info and I'll post pics. Thanks!

2. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

0   0   0

1986 BassTracker- $1500
    1984 Evinrude with trim- $700
    Zfish keeping anything for more than 6 months- PRICELESS!

LOL All kidding aside, that motor runs great. :) Raider

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015

3. Parrothead

Parrothead

0   0   0

ZFish,
    My dad might be interested in that. I will talk to him tonight or tomorrow. Where are you located? Give me a private message if you want to.
    Thanks

4. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

0   0   0

Parrothead. Im in Beavercreek Ohio (suburb of Dayton) but I grew up in Marengo and my mom still lives there. I graduated from Highland High School up that way. I know the area really well :) I still go up that way quite often either way give me a shout I use to fish Knox, Alum, Hoover and a couple others up that way. My hunting grounds where I hunt every year is in Mt Gilead I have several friends of the family who own land up that way.