close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

40 pound barrier breached.........

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by catking, Jul 19, 2004.

1. catking

catking Banned

Hey all you carpers- The 40 pound mark was broke over the weekend at my " private" lake :D The mammoth carp weighed in at 45 pounds and some change. You would fugure that the lake being 5 minutes away ( yes River Rat Pack, 5 freakin minutes :rolleyes: ) I would be camped there. To tell you the truth, I haven't fished there but a couple times this year :eek: But the rods are comming out shortly :cool: ..............THE CATKING !!!

2. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Rick,

You still owe the chick and I a trip there ;) See........I can stay as persistant as you are with the boat guys :D

3. catking

catking Banned

I hear ya tpet :D Hey, I was wondering, what if this was a female??? Do you realize how much it will weigh during spawn :eek: :eek: I'll say this, this monster along with the other verified 30 pounders caught there this year and last,it has my carpin heart beating fast once again ;) THE CATKING !!!

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

When is Da King, gonna invite Flathunter to fish this lake :confused: :D

5. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

One question. Will the fish have the chance to be egg laden?

6. Miso_Ohio

Miso_Ohio Green Eggs And Ham

Jeeee-zuz, as I qoute another world famous member of this here forum

"How come you all don't ever catch these when I'm around I smell a freakin rat"

I must ask the question, pictures I need pictures ;)

Oh and if you ever need a private chef for one of your fishing adventures to this secret body of water I may have someone in mind.

7. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Yes we do need pictures, or could this just be a fish story! :eek: :D

8. catking

catking Banned

DA KING !!! didn't catch this freakin fish :rolleyes: What's the old saying ? Don't kill the freakin messenger :confused: ....Anyhow, this lake is known down here for it's large carp. I just returned from a scouting trip , and saw a huge one roll up. Probably mid 30's. One thing that I think some carpers over look. Not all of the big ones head to the deep cold waters in a lake.This large one, and the over 30's were all caught during the day, in the summer, in 6' or less of water. These large carp were caught in sand/gravel flats, relativity shallow. There is a HUGE population of crayfish in this lake, and I believe they were feeding on them. As far as pics go? Who carries a camera with them 24/7 if they are not fishin ;) I know the people who weighed this fish, and they are always carpin up at this lake, so I take that to the bank :) THE CATKING !!!

9. 45 lbs is HUGE. How are we going to reward the first one of us that breaks the 40 lb barrier?

10. PAYARA

PAYARA THE ONE YOU LOVE TO HATE

whats this i read? someone else dismissing
    the theory of ''all the biggies go deep''?
    this just proves that all big carp do not
    behave like they do in the St Larry :rolleyes:
    and what else do i see,huge specimens being
    caught in shallow waters in the heat of a july
    day :eek: i guess iam not that crazy!

King-welcome aboard team Mythbusters ;) :D

11. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

ahhh..save me a spot on the bank....

12. :D I'm in..... me.... too...in... :D

13. catking

catking Banned

Hey Payara- I'm a firm believer that all the big carp do not head to deep cool waters. I believe all lakes have their own secrets. Rocky Fork is a good example. I'd say 90% of the carp there are caught on wheatie dough baits. Some people never use this anymore. Another example is Stonelick Lake. I've heard through a pretty good sorce, that the carp, the BIG carp, are still in and never leave the shallow waters. I'm talkin 3 feet or less. Maybe this explains the reason we don't catch any in that lake? Fishin in water TOO deep, and TOO far out??? I will say this, the carp I've caught at Stonelick were 10' or less off the bank and in shallow water, even in the summer. It has been a long while ago, but maybe, just maybe, the big carp at some of these lakes go where the FOOD is ;) and don't concern themselves with water temps? It's like the private lake, I went there today and watched LARGE carp jumping out of 3' of water that is 82 degrees. An this lake has 40' of water. Food is the key to me ;) THE CATKING !!!

14. crappielooker

heey..sooo when are we going to fish that lake????

15. catking

catking Banned

Soon hopefully :D I owe you & Shawn & the chick a trip. BuckeyeBob called me today and is in town (Cincinnati) this weekend, so he is going to fish it . I've owed him this for a couple years ;) he didn't even know about the 45 pounder...... This place can be a bit crazy on the weekends, but usually at night it's just wide open. CATKING

16. crappielooker

great..let us know how you guys do.. if anyone can catch them, bob can..

17. Lorelei has been my "Stonelick" the past couple years...i've fished it quite a few times with nothing but a handful of bluegills, crappie, and small bass to show for it. Have to admit i haven't done any serious fishing there, though...so i guess it's about time i do. I'll have to stock Da King's shed with some maize and have him chum me a hole out there :eek: .

PS Even Da King has managed a 20+ lb common out of there...so it IS possible to catch something.

18. crappielooker

dood..getting him outta the house to fish is the first mission..now, getting him to chum you a hole?? :D

19. catking

catking Banned

I'll chum your carp holes alright carper boy. With blood and bones if ya get my drift ;) cwcarper is correct. Even though this lake holds huge carp , I have only fished it seriously a few times. Caught some very nice cats, bass and crappies, but never gave the carp a chance. But I have seen PLENTY of carp during spawn that were well over thirty ;) I'm talking cove fulls :eek: We will see........And cwcarper is correct. I did get a 21 pounder there last spring :cool: THE CATKING !!!

20. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

An inland Ohio 40? Wow. Could this be Ohio's Town Lake?