close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

4 wheeler trails?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rockbass, Feb 1, 2005.

1. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I know someone can help me out here! Since I bought my new ATV, I am now in need of some more places to ride. Can anyone tell me where there are some places that have public trails? If the place has a name, can you also tell me what county or town it is near? I could prob do a search, but I figure I will get more valuble info from you guys and gals! Thanks ahead of time!

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

One of the best is Wayne National forest near Nelsonville Ohio. Miles and Miles of trails. You do and MUST have a wayne permit to ride there. It cost $25.00 for the year, which is from April until December 1st. The trails are close to any and everyone between December and April. They do patrol these also. Fine's are somewhere around $250.00 to $750 if your caught w/o a permit or on the trails in off season. These are great trails that are groomed by the state. My trailor is located right in the middle of this area and we ride them.

3. rockbass

rockbass Banned

so what are you saying Dale??? I can come stay at your trailer for a weekend so I can ride the trails??? :p Kidding ya! Thanks for the info! :D

4. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Hey, there is a great camp ground right where we are at. Many bikers and quad guys there every week end. Best part is the State brought the trail right to the camp ground.! Camp Ohio is the campground located off route 595 in Hocking Co. Just South of Logan. AND-- only about 15 minutes from Rocky outlet store in Nelsonville :D

5. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

I get a big group of riders to go to the Wayne a couple times a year. The trails are incredible.

We always stay at Camp Ohio. Scott is a great dude.

6. We go to Wellsville. There are so many trails, you could ride an 8 hour day and not see the same trail twice. Wellsville has been a hoppin place for bikes, quads, buggies since the mid sixties. There are now about 3 campground that have access to the trails if you want a more permanent camp. One of those actually has a boat launch and dock on Yellow Creek (major trib of the Ohio). On weekends (especially Memorial and 4th of July) it is very crowded in the camping areas, but the trails are so vast they never get crowded. Most of the people you find there are decent folk too.