close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

4 pound drum @ lmr

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishymcgoo, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Wiper Swiper

Wiper Swiper Banned

Dude, yer scales need new batteries.

2. fishymcgoo

fishymcgoo I DIDN'T SEE THE SIGN

my scales are fine. click on the small pic and you can see it better

3. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

i have to agree fishin' lake erie catchin' all those sheephead thats definetly not a 4lber. unless ur 9ft. tall and weigh 500lbs ;)

4. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

Yep, definitely not 4lbs

5. fishymcgoo

i weighed it with digital scales that have never been wrong before and are relatively new. the thing had a belly on it like you wouldnt believe. and if you can tell how much a fish does or doesnt weigh by a picture you must have superpowers. just curious since you are all experts in drum photos, how much does the fish weigh? i just weighed a 5 lb bag of potatoes and they were 5 lb. my scales arent wrong the fish weighed exactly 3lbs and 14 oz. so i guess you are all right it wasnt four pounds. not to mention there were 4 people with me that saw the scale so believe what you want but dont call me a liar. Yep, definitely not
    Rock Bass- 5
    Walleye- 1 (very small)
    Largemouth Bass- 1
    Channel Cat- 1
    Flathead Cat- 10 (Largest 14 lbs)
    Shad- 1 Billion

6. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

i didnt call u anything i just dont think the fish is 4lbs. That an opinion everyones got one.

7. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

And we all know the old aying about opinions don't we............

fishymcgoo, nice fish thanks for posting the picture. By the way I am guessing 3 lbs 15 oz! ;)

8. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

You guys take these things way to serouisly..
    Nice job on the drum, what did you catch it on?

9. sevenx

sevenx "I sat by the river" N.Mc

I was waiting for this one to start. Those drum can put up a pretty good fight. I love catching them on the fly rod, nice fish. Next time when you post the weight just say "give or take a lb or two" :):) Thanks for the post. S

10. fishymcgoo

i think from now on i will take the advice on give or take a few lbs. and yes those drum do put up a heck of a fight. i caught it on a live crawdad fishin for smallies. i never take things personally on here it just got me fired up cause why say i am wrong why not just say nice fish? not to mention the thing really was what i said it was. anyway thanks for the positive comments and as far as the negative ones hmmm.. maybe they arent catchin nothin. just kidding. but not really.

11. Sorry 'bout your luck. I hate da sheepies. That's a waste of a perfectly good 4 lbs.