close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

4' pole(4 lb test) + 16 min fight= 17.5 lb carp

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by BigChessie, May 26, 2005.

1. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

maaan.. that was pretty cool.. i can't imagine it being bigger than that fish, it whooped ya too..
    ps.. ya got a pretty good detail of the catch too..lets see how long that'll last.. hate to see your "log book" get soggy.. :rolleyes: :p 3months max..

2. Now that would have been a BLAST!! I have hooked into a few with my ultralight in Darby while smallie fishing but none that big. Nice job, man that looks AWSOME!!

3. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

I had just caught a smaller one on that set-up about an hour earlier, AK was laughing and telling me if i hook anything with some size I'm in trouble. lol Next thing ya know this thing takes off, ran straight out to the middle of the river. Stripped ALL of my line off, had to run down to the water to try to get at least alittle line back on the spool. lol Completely kicked my butt and I think it will be awhile before I try it again. lol Thanks to AK's net-work it all turned out great.

4. My dad once caught a steelhead on an ultralight with 4lb test and in some pretty fast current. It was about 26 inches, talk about a fight. I didnt think he would ever get that thing in.

5. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

That's cool, good thing you had 4# test on or it would've spooled you with 6#.!
    Great story. So maybe euro rods and baitrunner aren't necessary ?!
    Just goes to show the experiance and the skill of the angler is what really counts. :D

6. BigChessie

Ummmm.......Yeaaaaa........ :confused: Thats......uhhhh.... :confused: Thats why I posted my story....to remind everyone of ....my uhh...... :eek: Experience and skill. YEP!! THATS RIGHT!!! I SAID IT!! :D I have mucho skility and ablieance! Thanks for noticing :p

7. BigChessie

If I could only pass some of my "Carp-Force" to AK so "he one be carp with is he"

8. nice picture there. I am sure it was quite a fight. I will see you guys on the water tonight.

Marc

9. BigChessie

Hey TORN You gonna join us tonight? I cooked up around 25lbs corn last night. Filled up 4-Five gallon buckets,lol Now I just gotta get it from home to up here. lol

10. crappielooker

spencer..we'll go harrass tornichio abit today before we fish.. :D

11. catking

catking Banned

Great story big guy !!! I have got to get up thee and do some fishin with AK , cwcarper and the rest of you Columbus carpers. Been awhile since I made my way up there.... Big Chessie- I know all about the " skill " part of it... Them carpers are amazed at my bank prowness... :cool: ....... :rolleyes: ...... Nice going ;)

12. crappielooker

doood..the river will freeze over the day Da King come over and FISH!!!! gettin him here is one thing, gettin him to fish??? goooood luck!!!!!!.. :p :D

13. catking

catking Banned

Hey Ak- I think I just might wet a line tomorrow in the river.... This is PATHETIC ... I have yet to wet a line and it's almost JUNE ..... :confused: I gotta get out ..... Wonder what cwcarper is doing this weekend....... CK

14. crappielooker

i think he mumbled somethin about goin to fish somewhere around here.. :rolleyes:

15. catking

catking Banned

You probably heard " but I gotta ask Bambi first......... " :D ..... sorry Big Chessie- didn't mean to hijack the thread.... I get this pointed out from time to time....... :D

16. BigChessie

Not a hijack dude, lets just call it "Expanding the broad scope of the stated conversion"
    Besides it gives guys something to read.lol

17. BigChessie

Hey AK and King Do you know what the line test record is for 4 lb? Or where I can find it? I have a feeling it might be to high to touch with an Ohio fish, lol unless I can get on some Blues or Shovels.

18. crappielooker

naah..i think she almost shoved him out the door to go fishin'.. :D

19. crappielooker

wasn't it a braid line you were using tho??