close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

4 inches

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by 03zrider, Dec 25, 2004.

1. went to a favorite pond today when everyone fell asleep,had little over 4 inches,i popped several holes and found a big school of gills with my new aqua vu.they were almost on the bottom in about 12 ft of water,now i am still pretty new to ice fishing what bait should i try ?i will be back out in the morning!!!!

2. waxworms - mousies - spikes- corn bores - All are good baits for gils

3. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

for gills, i have a lot of confidence in a yellow teardrop tipped with a waxworm. just go tiny, they like small foods this time of year. use jigs about the size of your thumbnail. (the whole jig should fit within your thumbnail across.)

sometimes they like it shook, sometimes a small movement will scare them off. with a cam youll be able to see their attitude towards your presentation.

this is just to get you started, im sure you will take it in other directions eventually.

4. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

a pic of some typical gill jigs. notice how i thread the waxie onto the hook. them gills dont like to see the point of the hook!! they will try to steal the waxie off of the jig. have fun playing with them on camera!! :)

Attached Files: