Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I got to my "spot" about 8 am this morning had one pole with chicken liver and one with nightcrawler. First was a carp on the crawler, then i decided to get my ultra-lite out, rigged it with a berkley chartruse 2" powergrub with an orange 1/8oz jig head, first cast brings what I think was muskie?? I am sure someone will post and let me know if I am right. Never caught one of those before so that was a treat, anyway my crawler line starts bouncing and I reeled in the bass:D After getting a bunch of worms stolen:mad: I put the last one on and it brought another carp. Not bad for a few hours before I go to work today.:) The bass was so nice I took 2 photos:D All fish were released to get BIGGER:G

·
Registered
270 Posts
Looks like you had a good day. What type of water were you fishing, eddy, pool, ripples, etc.?

·
Registered
950 Posts
It is in the Esox family, looks to be a Northern Pike, or some other type of pickerel, but not a muskie.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
its a northern, wich is actually alot less common than a ski on that river. its good to see a young one that means there are still fish spawning, thats the first one i've heard of outa that river in two years

·
Registered
675 Posts
Thats the first one I HAVE EVER heard of off that river....Congrats... Were you north or south??

·
Carp Angler
1,388 Posts
The carp also appear to be redhorse suckers. I'm no sucker expert, but they definitely aren't carp.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Nice variety on one trip. Definetly a Northern and Sucker. Thanks for sharing.:)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So a northern pike huh. That is definitely a first for me then.:D What is a sucker fish? Sorry I haven't been fishing all that long I do know it is days like this that keep me going back. I was down in batavia on a calm pool all in all a very good day. Will be heading out for a little night fishing tuesday night. Hopefully I will have a pic of a big cat.:p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts