Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I spent the last 4 days on the boat off Cleveland with my brother and a couple of good fishing buddies (Krustydawg and Chris). I don't get to post reports much about Erie because there usually isn't much to talk about.

That changed this last time out. Despite a slow, calm & steamy Wednesday my brother and I managed to score a couple of steelhead and walleye. Not having pulled a steelhead from the Lake before, that was blast for us both.The next day was an even warmer Thursday with just one sheephead to show for it.

Thursday morning came with a nice chop on the lake due to the front blowing in the night before. It was cooler and looked to be a perfect day for fishing. We boated 17 eyes from 7am-4pm from three different locations. All nice 22-26" fish and very little junk. All of which came on harnesses running inlines off planers. So we had an A,B & C plan for the tourney on Saturday.

We started the tourney with plan C because it was the best option from the day before. Well we didn't pull a single fish until about 11am. 5 hours left to go we moved to plan B about 4 miles west of where we were. It was game on until we pulled the lines at 2:45pm for the ride in. We boated 14 eyes, throwing a few back and losing a few nice ones. We also boat two steelhead.

All the fish came on worm harnesses running inlines off planers. The same program used as the day before in 60-65 feet of water. A lot of them were on the outside when making a turn. (2+ mph)

Ended up 1st place with 153" and a big fish of 28.5". My first ever fish-ohio boated. What a cap to a great couple days of fishing...

It was nice to meet a few of you OGF guys finally. Dixie, Chartermax, and a few others I can't remember.

·
KrustyDawg
2,632 Posts
I had a great time also, see what happens when you target those fish up high ! Congrats man you put the time in out there on the water and found those fish. Next time I fish on your boat I am wearing a hard hat, I took several lumps on the head from that hardtop ! LOL !:D Not bad for fishing the Cleveland scene for the first time !;)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will have the frame extended just for you if we can pull fish like that again..lol.

Glad we that we stayed instead of making that westerly run.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,546 Posts
Good job guys! Nice meeting you H2Ohound!

See Matt...There is a reason why I always talk of Cleveland fishing and how good it can be, the inshore bite is where it's at though, you missed it, stars and strikes it was ON!

·
KrustyDawg
2,632 Posts
Good job guys! Nice meeting you H2Ohound!

See Matt...There is a reason why I always talk of Cleveland fishing and how good it can be, the inshore bite is where it's at though, you missed it, stars and strikes it was ON!
I hear ya, I still need to get out with ya on one of the insane night bite trips this fall ! I definitely enjoyed fishing that area, when the kiddies get a little bit older (within the next couple of years) a new boat will be coming so I can follow the migration a little more and enter a few more tourneys, I like the competition !:D

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,546 Posts
I hear ya, I still need to get out with ya on one of the insane night bite trips this fall ! I definitely enjoyed fishing that area, when the kiddies get a little bit older (within the next couple of years) a new boat will be coming so I can follow the migration a little more and enter a few more tourneys, I like the competition !:D
Yeah expecially when you win! I love fishing tourney's small or big I really enjoy the competion as well. At least I didn't tie one of my friends in this one like I did in the last two. :confused:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ryan it was good to meet you.

I'm glad you had fun and did well, really well!
Congrats. Now if you ever get to do the night bite you'll be wrecked for sure.

Congrats again.

Dixie Chicken
I'm already wrecked..lol. I did some online shopping the night I got home. My other half was excited because she is on a fish only diet for a while and she loves walleye. So guess what I get to do! My boat is already cleaned up and ready for another trip.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts