Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for quick input. I have a 17 foot crestliner. Is tomorrow gonna be worth trying? Dying to get out but don't want to take any chances safety wise.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I am going to try on Tue. Weather forecast is a little warmer, wind @ 6mph out of the west with only 10% chance of rain. If you can stand the cold @ 45 it should be a good day otherwise. Hopefully, the water will be a little clear by then also.

·
Cowboy Charters
1,660 Posts
17 footer should be fine tomorrow. The fish are there and limits are being caught daily if you can get out there and stand the cold.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Traveye,

Personally, I wouldn't waste a trip tosay...probably wait until Wednesday or so to get some waer clarity, but you can't catch 'em sitting on the couch. The weather today/tonight/tommorrow sounds like it will be fishable out of your boat. At this time of year, it's always advisable to go out with/stay in contact with another boat.

rutty,

Anybody that went out in the past week (since Sunday 4/1) deserves a limit, or a sign!:p

Tim

·
Cowboy Charters
1,660 Posts
Traveye,

rutty,

Anybody that went out in the past week (since Sunday 4/1) deserves a limit, or a sign!:p

Tim

The water clarity won't get any better than what it was on Saturday. I fished just outside of Maumee Bay and the water clarity was clean has it will ever get. I couldn't hardly believe it, but then again a strong West winds will do that. We have been doing very well out there everyday the winds laid down enough to allow us to get out there. Boats have been putting in at Meinkes and running West to the Harbor Light and catching fish as well. I will be out there tonight again. Will post how I do!

Traveye....where are you doing to put in at? Shoot me an PM and I can meet you out there if this is the first time you have been out this year. If not, look for me. I have a 18.5 Lowe...Tan with a red stripe.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
:D a sign....
that' funny.
I can assure you I won't be driving 2 hours until there are a few days of warmer temps and calmer waves... I have learned from the best, the fish will be there.
ying

·
Cowboy Charters
1,660 Posts
:D a sign....
that' funny.
I can assure you I won't be driving 2 hours until there are a few days of warmer temps and calmer waves... I have learned from the best, the fish will be there.
ying
I wouldn't drive 2 hours either until it warms up. I drive 15 minutes and it has been worth it out there.
The fish will definelty be there, you don't have to worry about that. They aren't going anywhere too fast.......except a few everyday in my freezer...LOL

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey rutty an Real Naughty I'm out of Toledo Beach Rack and Launch and Sunday is the first day I can fish. I will probaly head out to Maumee Bay Shipping Channel area. I will consider it a real favor if you will post your results, where and what they are hitting on when you go out and I will do the same. I caught a few last year on purple hair jigs but it seems that I always pick the days when eveyone says you "shoulda been here yesterday".
Once they get off the spawn and hit the weight forwards my fishing improves big time.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Went out today and fished directly out of Bolles and pulled 5 fish for three guys. Slow..... All fish came on blades. Water clarity was incredible at 12 feet plus in some areas. Also fished the area down by the light house and the water clarity was around 5 feet but didnt catch anything so we headed back north. If you need more info ****** just shoot me a PM.

JD

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well ended up going . hit water about 1:30 off by 4:30. 2 wally's purple jig tipped with minnow. What a nice day!! Very glad I decided to go.

RUTTY,

didn't get your message till tonite or else I would have PM'd ya. Thanks for the extra push might not have gone withour your response and the fact my buddy in Detroit called me and said he killed them this morning.

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
The fish are surrounded by land..they can't go anywhere. give it another week. best fishing is yet to come. Patience , grasshopper :)

·
Cowboy Charters
1,660 Posts
Yesterday was a tough day to say the least. The water clarity is about 5-7ft. I fished between the Light House and Little Cedar Point in about 12-13 FOW. Ended up with 4 fish...they all came on a hair jig tipped with a minnow....orange head with a charteuse skirt. We tried Purple, Blue, Pink, Green, Yellow, and White. There were about 10-15 boats in the area and really only seen one boat that was doing fairly decent, they seemed to be throwing twister tails and just letting them bounce off the bottom. (not for sure exactly...I didn't get that close to them)
A friend of mine got his two man limit there in the afternoon in no time at all, so I don't know what happened to the fish in the evening(sore lips or what).

******...you can shoot me a PM anytime and I will let you know what is going on. I will be out there everyday the weather always to until June.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts