Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Lake Erie Charter Captain
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brother & I took 8 eye's today. Got started about 7:30 am. Bite was slow.
Water clarity poor, about 4". Surface Temp 50.1 deg.
1-2 ft waves, pretty windy out of the west southwest.

Most fish were being caught in 13-14ft. started drift straight out of Turtle Creek. Moved out to 14-15 ft to get last eye.

Purple/Chartruese, Orange/Red jigs worked the best. Needed 3/4 oz to get down.

We had 2 drift socks out & was still drifting 1+ mph.

Fishing was slow but there still there for the pickings.

Larry

·
getting wEYESer every day
1,288 Posts
Weather might have slowed the bite some. I'm hoping to get back out there by next weekend. Hoping they're still there.

·
Premium Member
10,881 Posts
I talked with Hetfeildinn today. He and shortdrift fished Turtle today with high winds, big waves and muddy water.

The fishing was much, much slower than last weekend. They threw back some smaller ones and kept 5 nicer fish, the biggest around 25"

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Was up friday evening and today out of Wild Wings. Friday as mentioned was a work out in more ways then one. Waves were tuff drift was vast and fish were not moving at all had to short hop jig a few inches off bottom anything else was wasted time. Got 13 of 16 friday night in about 3 hours. Today was so much nicer had to get out alittle farther to cleaner water but fish were there bite nothing like last week you worked to get fish. Again small lift off bottom was best very light hit. But got are 16 in middle of day late start sun came out wind died total opposite of friday. Wore out but enjoyed every minute of it. First trip to big pond in couple years. All fish 18-23"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts