Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Cowboy Charters
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, ended up heading out last night around 4:45. The lake was rough (3-4fters), the water cooled down (48.6) and the fishing slowed down. Don't know if it was the cooler water or the cold front that came through.
Ended up gettting a 2 man limit in an hour but it was a tough bite. There were plenty of fish around, they just seemed to have lock jaw. Went in as soon as we got our 8 fish because the rain started coming down pretty hard by then. There was only 1 other boat out with us and they didn't do any good at all. They went way out by the lighthouse.

No size to the fish last night, biggest was 21, smallest was 16. It wasn't like Tuesday night when the fishing was on fire and the fish were big.

·
FishBum
2,526 Posts
rutty, looks as if the weekend is looking up for us anyhow. I got the in-laws coming to town tomorrow afternoon, so I decided to take a guy out for muskies on Pymatuning for the morning until they arrive. The wife gave me the thumbs up....so I'm running like the wind! I'll let you know how we make out....the weather and conditions look promising, so I should have some photos to post on Sunday! Take care...

·
Registered
425 Posts
Rutty, did you fish the same basic area as Tuesday night? We plan to be out both days this weekend so we will report back on how we do.

JD

·
Cowboy Charters
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rutty, looks as if the weekend is looking up for us anyhow. I got the in-laws coming to town tomorrow afternoon, so I decided to take a guy out for muskies on Pymatuning for the morning until they arrive. The wife gave me the thumbs up....so I'm running like the wind! I'll let you know how we make out....the weather and conditions look promising, so I should have some photos to post on Sunday! Take care...
Let me know how everything goes, if you get back in this area give me a hollar. Let me know when you have an extra seat for the muskie for a weekend. I would love to come that way and fish with you.

·
Cowboy Charters
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rutty, did you fish the same basic area as Tuesday night? We plan to be out both days this weekend so we will report back on how we do.

JD

Yes, same basic area. fish came shallow again. once we got out of 4-6 foot of water we couldn't get a bite.

·
Administrator
9,450 Posts
What channel do you guys monitor?

Thinking of going out tomorrow out of Meinke's, but as of the moment, do not have a partner.

I do not care at all for the ramp at Cullen Park.

·
Cowboy Charters
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What channel do you guys monitor?

Thinking of going out tomorrow out of Meinke's, but as of the moment, do not have a partner.

I do not care at all for the ramp at Cullen Park.
I have not installed my radio yet. It will be going in next week. Meinke's is a good spot to launch, just a little longer run is all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts