Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
FISHAHOLIC
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the river early a.m. today for some pike action but to no avail. I was :S . While fishing for pike though I caught a 15" crappie on a inline spinner down by cascade. After that went to Virginia Kendall and killed the gills. Caught about 40 gills and about 10 crappie. Kept 10 gills and 4 keeper crappie for a friend of mine. Will post pics during weekend when I get camera back. All in all great day on the water. Fished literally all day long at about 5 different places. Biggest fish of day was the 15" crappie. River was up and stained but V.K. was perfect. No bass hitting in the valley yet:confused: :confused: .

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hit the river early a.m. today for some pike action but to no avail. I was :S . While fishing for pike though I caught a 15" crappie on a inline spinner down by cascade. After that went to Virginia Kendall and killed the gills. Caught about 40 gills and about 10 crappie. Kept 10 gills and 4 keeper crappie for a friend of mine. Will post pics during weekend when I get camera back. All in all great day on the water. Fished literally all day long at about 5 different places. Biggest fish of day was the 15" crappie. River was up and stained but V.K. was perfect. No bass hitting in the valley yet:confused: :confused: .
They pretty shallow now or are they suspending at all?

·
FISHAHOLIC
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MSmith I caught the bluegills in fairly deep water 8ft or so. I caught the crappies supspended on the outskirts of fallen trees and by the weedbeds. Headed out on sat a.m. for some more river action. With this weather I may have to call off of work tonight and go:p ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts