Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All
Well I decided to get out of the house, And do some fishing! Well I rented a boat at Hodgson at around 11:00 am. and fished until 7:30 pm.
Well I found fishing slow at first, Then around 1:00 pm. I caught a nice 16" rainbow trout! And the next cast, I caught a small bass on crankbaits?
I went to another area, And found a bunch of male Bass staging! All total I caught 8 bass and 1-trout? Then I hooked onto a huge Carp!!!!!!! It took 45 minutes to land this brute? I wanted my crankbait back!!!!!!! And by god I got it back lol!
Conditions: cloudy 50's light wind
Water : 43 degrees and stained
Lures : Crankbaits

Good fishing Always

Tom

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guys
Fish were caught on mid range crankbaits! Bass are wanting to move shallow,
I seen a few beds! The bass I caught were buck bass? The Females are out deeper, Try the deeper Crankbaits! They were hitting the stop and go retrieve! They were very aggressive for the water temps? I'll be fishing there this weekend also, Hope to see you there.

Tom

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
will be there sat also got the boat home today from winter lock up,felt good to have it behind the trk will be out all next week,wb, mosq ,hodg, vacation time for fishin ...........

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Hey Skeeter; If you go Sunday see you there. Linda wants to go try for the brophies ( thats a bluegill thats a trophy ).

·
Pay-it-foward fisherman
5,251 Posts
Guys
Fish were caught on mid range crankbaits! Bass are wanting to move shallow,
I seen a few beds! The bass I caught were buck bass? The Females are out deeper, Try the deeper Crankbaits! They were hitting the stop and go retrieve! They were very aggressive for the water temps? I'll be fishing there this weekend also, Hope to see you there.

Tom
Thanks!
I planned on throwing some deep crankbaits, glad I bought some more DD22's and DT16's!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Is Hodgson gas or electric-only? Just wondering... Thanks!

·
Registered
134 Posts
LOL Papa, good luck on the brophies . Mom and dad wanted to go there so I told them I may see them there... by the sounds of what Tom had to say. It should be good. And im flippin ready to fight some fish. So will probably see ya there. Watch the shore for us land folks. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
electric only ..but you can have gas on board as long as it's kept tipped up.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks for the info. We'll probably be there on Sat. or Sunday. No race on Sunday :mad:. (I like listening to the race as I fish.) We were going to go to Mosquito but we decided earlier this week that we would try Hodgson. Never been there and it was nice to see a post for it. However, we have no boat so we will be on the shoreline. If we go on Saturday, we might just check it out and if it looks good, we may rent on Sunday! Hopefully we will see ya there!
Thanks again.
Debi :)

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I will be out there in the am with mbass8dor

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'll be there in a green blazer w/ 2 kids, boy and girl. I'm hoping to catch something, especially have my little girl reel something of size in. She is getting discouraged lately. After my son and I caught those 7+ lb. channel cats, she is losing interest. I have never been there so I have no idea where we can fish at. I'm not sure if we will bring the wagon or not. Ususally we have a yellow garden cart that we tote everything in. Catch a big one and let me see it! :D

·
Time to fish!
4,987 Posts
i was out there today no fish water is the clearist i have seen it in years wish i would have took the boat it is a waste to fish most shore spots with the clear water i got some good spots to fish from the boat

1 - 20 of 34 Posts