close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

4/15/05 carping....

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by RiverRat, Apr 17, 2005.

1. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Jake and I hit one of our newer spots on the river, these fish were ready to fight. I ended up catching 10 carp with 9 Commons and 1 Mirror, Jake had 3 Commons and 1 Mirror..awsome day. These fight fought like champs all the way and i lost a few to line breaks...what a blast. the avg. for the day was around 17-18 lbs. with around 4 of mine going 18.5 lbs.

Jake and I managed our first double that we caught on film...thanks to our digital camera w/ timer. My Mirror was 14 lbs. his Common was 18 lbs.

Great day to be on the river bank...and its only just begining.......

Our Double shot:

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=5491&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

One of my Commons:

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=5490&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Scott

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

nice fish guys...i think i recognize that tree and those stumps.. ;) :p i think i even carved my name on it.. :D
    i thought you guys would be out pre-fishing for next weekend..

3. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Pre-fishing and stuff is done.....leaving the catching there until next week. I'll be on the ohio river 4 days next week, plenty of time to catch monsters there then.

Not too many reasons to venture too far when we can catch quality carp like that very close to home right now during pre-spawn.

Scott

4. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

hey, you know you have to put at least a rod by that barge for me out there..lol maaaan i still remember seein that huuge thing just sittin there..

5. thanks for sharing the pictures. those fish look nice and fat.

marc