close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

3D Archery and Hunting!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Pipeliner, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Hey Guys,,,,
    I just wanted to post a Thread on 3D shooting. Some of us have a background in Archery, IBO, OBA, Ohio Archers, Etc. Over the years I have shot and competed in lots of 3D Courses. In the 1980's, I was very competitive and was fortunate to win or place high several Local and State Shoots.

I have been to very few 3D Courses in the last Decade. But, during the last 2 weeks, I have been to 3 courses and Boy! did it bring back memories. First time, I went with my Brother, neighew, and two very good friends. (Picture) All these guys are great shooters and we had a great time.

For you guys that Bow Hunt,, Check out some of these Courses in your area and It will make you a better Hunter.... Isn't that right Kim!!!!!! LOL

Stan :D

And Anyone that wants to get together at a Course, Give me a call.... :)

[​IMG]

Oh, The Guy in the Middle, Don't pay no tention to him,, He's Just a crazy acting guy, But a Great Shooter...................... LOL

2. Looks like fun. I've never tried this but it might be something I'll try someday.

3. Smallie Gene

Smallie Gene Banned

Yeah Bill, I haven't been to one for a couple years but they are pretty fun to get a group of guys together and have a little competition. The courses are set up through the woods and in fields with target deer, turkey, bear, etc. You get a score card and get so many points for hitting the vitals and so many for shooting them in the eye and so much for just hitting the target. Funny thing to try, after you shoot your target and prepare to move to the next target, I always move the target into a semi-impossible position like 1/2 behind a tree or its vitals covered by a big limb or something like that to make scoring extremely hard. At the end of the course I'd stand around and wait for the people behind me to come in and start yelling at the owners for having the targets in bad positions and complaining about busting 3-4 of their $10 carbon arrows. Man was that funny! I'd complain too just so that they wouldn't catch on that it was me. :D