Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Night Owl
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Laid down early on a buoy run after seeing one of the Sara J cats trolling just south of the 35 line. Glad I did, I saved money and the average weight was up compared to my last two buoy runs. We trolled just north of the sand humps we fished last week (south of nets). Today anything pink. Fish were taking the front hook as much as the back. I used copper backs and pink back double willows. Dipsy's out produced the 3oz behind small boards.
All fish were taken ten feet off bottom.

Glad to be out with you again GGcanteri. Hope your wife like deep fried walleye !

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks Rayman. May try that area 1st Friday. Dipsies have been the hot set up for us so far. Green was hot last Friday but we usually throw everything at them in the beginning. Glad you hit 'em. Will post report.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Night Owl
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 13 year old son Jack and I hit these numbers again this morning. Two quick tickets !!! We had a hard time getting three lines in the water. Never did bother with the fourth rod. Two dipsy's out 80' on three setting and one dipsy out 73' on 1.5 setting. All fish came on the front hook except one. The one that took the front hook was a tagged fish not that that had anything to do with it. Double willows on all. Two pink back with purple main front color and one copper back pink pattern on front. Speed was 1.8 GPS surface. No big fish most were in the 22 range. The smile of a 13 yr old reeling and netting was the big one today.

·
Registered
458 Posts
nice reports. I've been stopping short myself and finding nice little pockets of active fish. 30 to 35 ft down has been hot for us for a long time now. good luck out there.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Night Owl
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Beaver Creek is a private marina just west of Lorain. 4 miles from a free puplic ramp called Hot Waters. If your heading this way you'll like Hot Waters. Scotty has what you need or forgot. Great parking too.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks for the numbers; picked up 2 tickets in a few hours out there today. Marks were very sporadic but steady bite.

·
Night Owl
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We crushed them there too and slightly north. Our tickets all came off the bottom.
Trying an evening trip tonight. Heard fishing is good in 25' FOW
off Cranberry Creek. I may scratch some skinny water in front of beaver soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts