close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

32 years ago today...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by seethe303, Nov 10, 2007.

1. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

The Edmund Fitzgerald sunk in a gale on Lake Superior.

Lets all remember to be careful while on the water, especially you guys who regularly fish Erie. The day the Edmund Fitzgerald sunk started out as an unseasonably beautiful day...

also: here is a tribute

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iquCHSkmUek"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

2. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

don't know why but i thought it went down it erie??duh..looks like it took a beating before going down.

3. Yes, remember that day well. my mothers neighbor/my friend was on that ship.

4. i remember seeing the Edmund Fitzgerald off load iron ore pellets in late August. 1975, at Huron. it was a site to see!

5. Eriesteamer

Eriesteamer BORN TO RIDE THE WAVES

I remember this ship very well as I and my brother use to see it come and go at Conneaut Harbor.We was fishing rite out in front the wall and it came in as we was fishing.Man it was a big ship OK. Made my 16 footer look like a toy.The door was open and guy was standing in door way wave us.compare to the ship man he was just and ant.We seen it come and go.quiet a few times.I got a tape on this ship wreck that I was going to reproduce.but never did yet.wanted to go search for other sunken ships as theres some in Erie.Ones rite out front Cleveland near a river mouth.next year want look this one out better.any one interested.I got 2 underwater cameras to use.