close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

3 Pound LM and some Crappie

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishingfoolBG, May 21, 2008.

1. Hit a pound outside of BG for about an hour. I was using this stick bait I had on my pole for the past 3 weeks and I thought is was about time to switch it up. I switched to a strom swimbait and landed a 3 pound LM and a few dinks. I put it on the scale and it was right on 3 pounds. Fished a little longer and got 4 nice crappie. Wasn't really trying for crappie but suprised to see i laned 4 of them in the last 30 minutes. I guess ill be out there tomorrow trying for the crappie while they are still biting!!!

Heres the pic of the bass and one of the crappies.

[​IMG][​IMG]

(they were all about this size)
    [​IMG]

2. Nice fish, Pond fishing is fun, my access to a nice one was cut off when our family friends sold the property!

3. I just moved to a condo development which surrounds a small lake. Yesterday, i walked along the shore with a Strike King bitsy bug mini jig, in a watermelon color with a 2-1/2" madtom crawfish. I didn't have much time, so I was under the gun to pick the right lure. I cast about 10 times before catching the first fish, about a 14" LMB. On the next cast, I caught one a bit larger. I had to get back to the house, so these were the only fish.
    This evening I went back out, with the same lure, and caught ten, from 12" to 18", as a walked around the lake.
    A few observations: I must have matched the surroundings, as the bite was good. I was using 40# Power Pro line with a 25# Gamma Flourocarbon leader, and the sensitivity was awesome. The 40# Power Pro is equal to 10# mono. I could feel everything. It seemed like i could feel the fish swimming toward the lure to hit it. I am hooked on Power Pro, and my new home lake.