Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Weekend Woodsmen
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There were boats out as far as the 12 line, not sure how they did, of all the people we talked to our six was best. Many didn't catch any. We went out to the 11 put our backs to the wind and trolled in, but too rough for us to do anything else. We were marking at 50-55 and then there were marks up higher sounds like those were the ones BD was targeting with the 3 1/2 at 100 to 110. Let me know how you make out. Still worm harnesses but the junk was a pain today.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
293 Posts
We fished a tourny yesterday and from the sounds of it and what we did the high fish were the active fish. We caught two deep then switched to high and started catching them. Some guys reported going through several fish throughout the day.

·
Weekend Woodsmen
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Now that I think about it, with the current yesterday I think it was the dipsy that was being pushed out away from the boat (and I assume that means it would run shallower) was the one that was catching all the fish. Wish I would have thought about that while I was out there! Am I correct in that when you are trolling across the current the dipsy which is being pushed away from the boat, and it was already on a 3 setting would run higher in the water essentially making it run more like a 3 1/2 setting, and then the one that is also on a 3 setting but is being pushed under the boat would run more like a 2 1/2 setting? Appreciate the help!

·
Weekend Woodsmen
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pretty sure your current theory is right...That is how I fish anyway and it seems to work pretty well. Could just be luck tho!
Thanks for confirming. Looks like the weather forecast is getting worse for this weekend so I won't be getting out, maybe get some of the honey do's out of the way so I can go another weekend!

·
Weekend Woodsmen
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I find that the more honey do's I get done, the more honey don'ts I get to do! And by 'honey don'ts' I mean fishing ;-)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Haha, yeah I hear you! Looks like with all this rain it was the right decision too! Anyone brave the rain and go out today? If so, how did you do?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts