close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

3" estaz

Discussion in 'Fish on the Fly' started by Tall cool one, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Tall cool one

Tall cool one strictly flyfishing

Was at the grocery store today and saw this garland to trim your tree w/ that was made of the same stuff as estaz but it was 3" in dia! OK,so it had some lil stars sticking out but they could work for it! Could be for some muskie or saltwater stuff? Still trying to figure out how to use it and whether to buy it.
    I use mylar "icecicles" for christmas trees decoration I bought on closeout to tie extra lrg streamers. It's like very wide and thicker flashabou and works well. I hooked a nice muskie on one of them last week(an 11" fly w/ tandem hooks). The fly was topped by some purple "flashabou" I got at the grocery as one on those "pom-pom" pens. A $1.50 and more extra wide flashabou than I can use in a long time,although it gets used regularly on my larger streamers as I can tie it long and it resists fouling itself around the hook.I can tie in finer materials to fill out the fly and the mylar helps support the finer materials.TC1

2. Flyfish Dog

Flyfish Dog Banned

Where the pictures? Can't post this without it!:)

3. Tall cool one

Tall cool one strictly flyfishing

Wish I had the cam to do it w/ but I'm still old school SLR,sorry.
    Check out the seasonal aisle at krogers or lowes,amazing what you can find sometimes.Craft stores are like that too. Why pay more cuz it says flyfishing on the pkg when you can get it at the fabric store.OK,some of the gals look at you funny when they see a guy wandering the craft aisles checking out the glass beads and sheets of foam and yarn for sucker spawn etc...TC1