(3) erie guides, which one?

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by goodday, Jan 12, 2009.

1. We've used Bud many times and I have no complaints. If they get ice up there we may be going up and will probably use him again. Joe has a cool airboat for the ride out and back! May look into someone that is more mobile but Bud is willing to take you out and bucket fish other places then where your shanty is and he can catch fish. PM me if you like and I'll give more details. Haven't tried the other two so can't tell you anything about them but have had people tell me Joe is good too including Bud.

2. hearttxp

hearttxp Lake Erie Charter Captain

I don't think Joe K. runs trips any more ? Just Taxi service but I could be wrong. I would go with Pat but that is because I know him. But I hear & read alot about Bud And Joe Hagen who you didn't mention. Are you staying on the island ?

3. all 3 fish the same general erea off put-in-bay...we have used bud a few years and is a good guide but with limited ereas since his shanties arent mobil...he will move ya but its open bucket fishing and for me a couple hours out in the elements is about all i can take...prices were...
    bud-$75 per man/day
    joe(airboat ride over to the island)-$40 round trip
    condo rental-$55 per man/night or
    gennie's B & B $50 per man/night

these were '07 prices...

4. hawgjam

hawgjam smell my finger

if you ask me bud is the way to go. i don't think joe does any fishing trips anymore either. i asked him a couple of years ago and he said he was giving it up for strictly taxi service. only fished with pat one time, nice guy, but always had better luck with bud. i've been begging bud to call me at the first sign of safe ice...haven't talked to him in a couple weeks. anyone know anything about ice good formation yet?

5. reelmanly

reelmanly Set The HOOK!!!!!!!!

Just talked with Joe's wife, he's just running shuttles from mainland to island and back, no charter icing, hover craft ride is a kick, then called Bud, No ice yet but he's the guy I rec, been up there many times and it's been all good with him. If ya go Bud he said to contact him and I believe he can set up the ride to and fro also. Time for some FREEZING bring it on , don't want to cut into Big Daddy's show but I'm giving Dance lessons

6. hearttxp

hearttxp Lake Erie Charter Captain

Joe had a yard sale a few years back & sold most of his stuff-- just wasn't sure if he got back into it ?

7. Thanks everyon, unfortunatly been swampped here at work so I have not had a chance to contact anyone yet. I think I would probably stay on islan so that we could fish 2 days.

8. Anybody been out this year with any of these guides? I'm going ti make the call the weekend for 1/24 and 1/25. :B

9. Gill

Gill

Give a call to Buckeye Ice Charters. 419-341-8011. Jeff's been on fish.
    Soon as I get out of the cast on my leg I'll be there.

Gill

10. Double J

Double J Capt Jeff

John Hageman Primetime Ice Charters has years of experience guiding off of PIB and does a great job for his clients.Here's his #419-285-2029.If your not familiar with the fishing off PIB I can tell you it's world class.

11. hawgjam

hawgjam smell my finger

i'm going to be out with bud this sat. thru at least mon...if the fishing is good, i might stay all next week too. if you're out there look me up...i'm the guy in the blue genz suit and light green/rabbit fur musher hat.