close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

3 Creeks Eyes/Adventure

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Mushijobah, May 30, 2007.

1. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Decided to go on a slight adventure today. I began at The Scioto between the Southern end of 270 and Greenlawn. I got to my spot only to find the water a bit to high for a wade. Hopped on 104 and got to 3 creeks in record time. I landed 4 Saugeye, a crappie, 2 smallmouth, and plenty of sunfish.

This is where it got good.

Before venturing out, I gathered supplies to have a streamside lunch banking on the eyes I caught!

Luckily the fish gods were being kind. A little canola oil, some mixed spice, potatoes, ongions, all in foil....Oh, and fillets! 20 minutes later I was eating some of the best and most tender fish I have ever tasted. I love nature!

I only got about 1 hour total of fishing in, so there are more to be caught!

2. Now that is a real lunch right there, nothing better then fresh s-eye!

3. Stop!!! I get the picture and its making me hungry!

Nothing can beat a good day fishing !!!

4. Sawgeye fillets are the best. I sampled a 1.5" thick fillet that came out of the Scioto. Tasted amazing. Also, where is 3 creeks Mushi?

5. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Confluence of Alum, B. Walnut, Blacklick

6. thats a real outdoorsman!

Kyle, arent you afraid to wade on your own? I always take someone, heck, I know, the chances are small, but you never know!

7. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

I figure the chances of me getting in an automobile wreck and dying are much greater...and I still do it....so....

How have you been sir? Any interesting catches? Are you still at OSU?

8. correct, still OSU, only my visa changed (and my address). I was thinking about going wading tonight or float tubing, anyone?

9. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Where were you thinking of going?

10. just so you know, you were breaking the law and disregarding fishing regulations.

"-It is unlawful to clean fish or posses fillets while on or at a body of water."

Exception: on the ride back on Lake Erie ferry from islands keep fillets whole and show 1"X1" skin on each.

11. JamesT

JamesT Banned

What a lame law. A shore lunch is one of my favorites!

Why would this be a law - something to do with limits?

12. good point cool water - I would like to hear more about this, lets say on Alum spillway, there are cleaning stations there, or how far from the water you actually have to be to legally clean the fish?

Many people clean fish when camping and often you camp on the bank (example: AEP). Legal or not? Interesting.

13. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

I think I also made a fire within city limits...oops! Explain to me this also. Why are there STATE INSTALLED cleaning tables at Alum, Erie sites, and various other lakes/fishing locations around the state?

/thread