Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
DammitDave
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big shout out to Carpn who reached out to me on OGF last night. We launched out of Mazurik trying to stay out of the wind. Had great marks but no takers. Vis was maybe 12". Got a couple texts from Carpn that they were doing well. We decided to put the boat back on the trailer and headed to Catawba. Went to Carpn's numbers east of the reefs and soon had 3 fish in 10 minutes. Probably caught our first fish around noon and finished around 5:15. DHJ back 65-75 took majority of fish. P 10's 20-20 w/1 oz. was good. Bandits 65 took a couple. Pink lemonade colors were good. Fire Tiger caught 2 or 3.

This is a great example of how working with fellow OGF'ers can really make a great day for you when it might have been a bad day! You can bet that I will be even more willing to share info with others after being the recipient of great intel!! Thanks Jake!

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
No problem man, But as long as we're sharing thanks I have to thank Bretz56 for continually taking me along on his boat, and Lhale for passing intel from sunday when they were fishing somewhere in that vicinity.

It was pretty lonely out on the lake yesterday and I'm glad ya'll could get on some fish. Other than you all we only saw one other boat all day and it was running on plane heading east then awhile later came back thru heading back west.

Hopefully conditions allow us to hit it this weekend.

·
"THE LUCKY TOUCH"
1,333 Posts
Nice job Dave, I talked to you at a seminar a year or so ago when you just moved here.... how has the fishing in this area been treating you?

·
Registered
312 Posts
P10 is a lure. 20-20 means let 20 feet of line out, attach weight, let 20 more feet out, attach board. P10's don't dive real deep so weight is added to get deeper.

·
Registered
27 Posts
P10 is the lure type. Husky Jerk or Bandit are other examples.
20 - 20 lets us know that he put lure in water, let it go out 20 feet, then clipped on a 1oz weight, let it out another twenty feet, then clamped on inline planer board. deploy board as needed. easy peezy

·
Registered
27 Posts
or what skip2maylu said LOL a fast typer i am not

1 - 18 of 18 Posts