close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

3/6 CC Report

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by big_b16, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Here is a picture of what I'd caught today. They put up a pretty good fight.
    [​IMG]
    So good, I couldn't even feel the rattle in the rattle trap. Water temp in both north and south pools was approximately 37 degrees. Wind was coming out of the SSW at a bunch. Lazy and I casted all we could think of and I dang near got frostbite after touching the water. We did find some shallow water that got up to 43 degrees, but could only see the carnivorous carp eating there. Better luck next time. Hopefully this week won't ice over the lake.

BB

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

oh maaan..CC here i come.... :D
    thanks a ton for the report.. :)

3. Scarletfisherman

Scarletfisherman Catch & Releaser

Hey big_b16;

Nice catch, more than all the rest of us! Where's Lazy's fish? Great photo, thanks for sharing! It's the year's first double!

How are the ramps? Where did you put in? I heard that North Pool ramp will be "under construction" for a while?

David

4. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

haha, that is hilarious

5. Fletch

Fletch FishOn

Man I'm tellin ya, when I saw all of the trailers/trucks in the wellmans parking lot I was shocked. I bet there was 25 or so.
    Freeze and I went over to CC to make sure the boats ran ok. Did anyone catch a fish? I saw several people that were fishing.

6. WOW......you got 2 fish on one bait. not that many ppl can say that :D

7. we put in at the ENE 73 ramp (one in the north pool). None of the docks were in. We zoomed down past the south pool ramp off of 73 and down on to Wellmans ramp. None of the docks were in. There were about 6 trailers at the ramp we put in at, I'd imagine a few more at Wellmans, don't know about the ramp way up in the north end of the lake where the creek feeds in. The I'd venture to say the north pool ramp had the least amount of damage, the docks were about 2-4 feet higher than the water line at its crest. I never saw the wellman docks so they may be up in a tree, sunk, stolen...

as for lazy's fish, lets just say he's not quite figured out the correct presentation to consistently get shad to attack his lures. you've really got to get them mad to throw their sides onto a hook like that. those little buggers hammer a bucktail like there ain't no tomorrow, dang near pulled my rod out of my hand when I got one a bit later :D .