close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

3/25 sandusky river

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by tiffinsmallies, Mar 25, 2005.

1. fished between 2pm and 4pm no bites or snaged fish, did see 2 guys each with 2 walleye :(

2. leaky tiki

leaky tiki Fruitcake

how crowded does the sandusky river get?

3. during the peak of the run elbow to elbow. you honestly have to wait till someone leaves to get a good spot.

4. How are the water conditions down by Tiffin?

There is this spot up river of Shellshuckers that holds some nice Crappies and every now and then one of them wild a%# river Smallmouth.

Over the years, I have done better if the water is up and off colour, not a flood, just up a little and off colour of summer pool.

About the river Smallies.
    I have sat on the riverbank watching Eagles pick them out of the Sandusky.
    I got to thinking, if them little 2 ½ pound fish had arms that Eagle would be in a world of hurt. :)

Welcome to the site, it’s a nice place to be.

5. near shellshuckers the water is, well, slightly up and off colored, but i prefer to fish the riffles and pools north of the pioneer mill dam to the co. rd. 38 bridge. the catfishing is very good in that area too.

6. I just got back from about 2 1/2 hours fishing the Sandusky River in Fremont. This is the first time I waded this year, and the water is a good 24 inches higher than normal. I wasn't able to get to the channel. The water depth along with the cdurrent started pushing me around before I could get close enough to it. I did see one fish caught, one snagged, and I lost one myself. with the warm weather we are supposed to have this week, I believe next weekend we will see them start to really run. Hope to see you there.