close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

3/24 pike island an backwaters

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by mrtwister_jbo, Mar 24, 2005.

1. hit the tailwaters this mornin 4 a couple of hrs threw white,glow,chartuse,
    smoke sparkle an not a bite put on a yellow an 2 fish in 2 cast :D an then not a bite 4 at least a hr then i left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!both were dinks under 10''
    1 was a saugar an the other a walleye ;)
    guy fishing beside me caught a bunch of little ones on minnows :)
    don't know were he got them since the OHIO RIVER BAIT SHOP was closed
    again!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    well then hit the backwaters in rayland throwing a 2''chartuse tail on a 1/32head about a ft under a bobber missed a bunch but did land 2 real nice fat crappies 1 was just over 11''an the other was just under 10'' an a 14'' lg mouth bass :D froze out about 2:30 !!!
    total 4 2day 5 fish 4 differant kind
    mrtwister_jbo

2. Hey man I think you can get minnows at Cabelas. When I was in there over by the fridge that they have the nightcrawlers and such in there was a sign saying they carried bass & crappie minnows and shinners. It might be worth the extra 15 min drive to check it out. I brought shinners with me that I caught in columbus so I am looking to have a pretty good weekend below Pike Island.

Later,
    Jake

3. big_fish

big_fish the fish whisperer

hey twister yo brother y don't u pm me and come off which 1 u were at on those crappies good buddy lol tightlines big_fish :D :D :D