close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

3/23/05 carpin

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by RiverRat, Mar 23, 2005.

1. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Met up with AK today, fished from 10:30a-4:30p and it was cold and rainy.
    AK started us off with a couple of runs, then landed a fish...

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=4945&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

I started off slow, then landed a smaller carp...then the rains set in. AK took off for a bit, i continued to brave the weather(sitting in my warm van)...i caught 2 while AK was gone, both around 8-10 lbs. AK showed back up as the bite slowed way down..it stayed that way the rest of the time. The rains stopped but the winds picked up and it was COLD. Jake(buckeyefishingnut) showed up on his way back from catching bait for his Easter return out to the Ohio river.
    I landed one last fish before we called it quits.

Good day AK, catch ya next week......if you want a full sized copy of your fish...send me an e-mail, or just copy it from my album.

Scott

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

doood..it wasn't cold out there maan..its freakin freeeezin.. :D about the only warmth i get was when i hugged that fish.. NOT!!.. :p combine that with some nice nippy rain....just LOVELY!!!.. but..... at least we caught some fish and didn't skunked out..

3. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

lol...yea hugg'un that fish sure wouldnt have made ya warm thats for sure....cold as an ice block, well not that cold, but 38 degrees is close enough...lol.

Wish you and Jake luck thursday, if i didnt have to work i'd be there too..
    Cya,
    Scott

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Told you guys, it's time for the two monthes of constant rains! :D

5. crappielooker

if the water data from USGS is right..it should be going down as i'm typing this..if so, it will be perfect for both tomorrow and friday.. ;) the holes should be well chummed from the wash we went thru today.. and as you found out..the fish are in there and hungry.. :)
    i'll swingby there on my way to run around town and chum again to keep them there..

6. crappielooker

thats ok jack..i got my back up rockin and ready..are ya gonna join me this year?? ;) bring on the rain.. :D

7. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Jack.....i hope just southern Ohio(circleville on down) gets the rain...geez us man!!

Sounds good AK, you guys should catch pretty good then......also i hear ya on the "back-up" spots, i know ive got mine ready incase the spring turns sour too.

Guess you'll be fishing "pay-lakes" this year if your predictions come true Jackster....lol...lol...haahahahahhehehehehe!!

I'll still be catch'in them no matter what!!

Scott

8. crappielooker

hell..im actually hoping it to be a record flood year .. :p

9. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Are you guys gonna hit this spot friday afternoon?..If so pm me directions, I could be there by around 2-3pm.

10. crappielooker

i MAY be there gettin my butt soak to oblivion.. :D
    i'll try to get ya the directions here shortly.. ..

11. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Ak..geez us, your as bad as Jack, RECORD FLOOD...come on man!!

Im personally leaning toward drought...we've had tons of rain the last few years, its time for a long HOT dry summer drought...BRING ON THE HEAT!!!!

Scott

12. ... X 2
    we need a dry spring the last 3-4 have hurt the turkey population with all the rain and the poults have been hit hard... :(
    rain rain go away come again....:rolleyes: