close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

3/22/05 Tusc. River

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishing_marshall, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Fished a different area than i have been and got another 32in. pike. It was missing a little piece of its mouth. Would have had another if i wasn't busy messing around with my smartcast .

2. rockbass

rockbass Banned

awesome about the fish!

That is part of the reason I got rid of my smartcast! I would find myself spending more attention to it at times than actually fishing :eek:

I am going to give it a whirl here in a little bit. hope I can get a saugeye or 2!

3. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

way to go marshal !!! i fished the stillwater tonight in a new location , not a single hit !!! im going to the tusc tomorrow somewhere ??? thats why i dont buy any of the new electronic gadgets, i got enough stuff to distratct my attention when im fishing , LOL went down by (the point) at stillwater tonight it was full of the usual hooligans, couldnt even find a place to park the car !!! what a joke !!! the 12 inch eyes must be really on !!! :mad: :mad:

4. In defense of the Smartcast, I have found some awesome info on the river with mine. Wouldn't trade it for nuttin.

5. same here,just got one from corey and i love it. i searched 3 lakes i fish on sat and NOW I KNOW WHERE THERE HIDING!!!! not a good day though,1 bass 3lb and 2 small crappie.

6. Very nice pike! They are a ton of fun to catch. Up in Minnesota I have caught 25 or more in a day!

7. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I am with ya there Action! I did love searching the cover to see what I was fishing! Now I am thinking about it, I will miss that thing! :( Oh well, I got a little hard up for cash and had to sell something! :eek:

8. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Funny you brought up the point TCBA! I had a dream about fishing of course! I drove by there looking for a place to fish. looked over the bank and there was about 20 people literally standing shoulder to shoulder. Kind of funny. Just was weird cuz yesterday talking about it then having a dream about it. I am just strange! :eek:

9. bttmline

bttmline E.B.C.C. Founder

go to the maumee river in the next couple weeks, it isn't a dream, it's a nightmare

10. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I hear ya there bttmline! My buddy asked me the other day if I wanted to go up with him and some other guys.. .....first thought is ok cool never been there......secon thought is nevermind, I will prob either beat someone up or be beat up! :eek: :rolleyes:

11. I'm with ya on the Maumee thing, but I still had to make the trip up one time just to experience it. It was a good time, and it is amazing seeing that many people out wading in the river. It definitely is one experience that I will never forget, and it is something that is special to the area. Most people never get to see a sight quite like it. Now, with that being said, next time I will go and watch, not fish....

Kevin

12. If you think the Maumee gets overcrowded,check out the rivers in northern Michigan during the salmon runs-WOW! On the Manistee River for example I've seen dudes lined up shoulder to shoulder on both sides of the river for over a mile,from the dam all the way down to beyond the sawdust hole(actually over a mile),then throw in 20 or 30 river boats dodging in and out of all the wading fishermen,just makes me can't wait to get up there again this fall!

13. You're right about the Michigan salmon fishing, crazy. Check out the P.M. river it gets crowded but not as bad as some others. There is no dam so people stay spread out pretty good. Also the Au Sable on the east side is not too bad if you walk away from the dam.

14. troutfingers

troutfingers Catfishermen

Yea me and a couple buddies have been tryin out the tusc. river and havent been having any luck.

15. twistertail
    I was born and raised in northern Michigan,and I know of several great streams where overcrowding isn't a problem.The PM is a good example,if you know it well,I never fish the mainstream on the PM,I prefer a couple smaller tribs. a little east of Baldwin.