close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

3/21-Maumee

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by j_blocker1, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Gonna hit bluegrass at first light, between the beaches first.

J

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

J.. you mean ya gonna be IN the water before sunrise and wait until it does and cast?? :D
    good luck doood..u know i love that spot and would be out there doin what i said to get there..even if it means i get there at 4am..LOL ain't that stupidity or what?? :p

3. I'm gonna stumble across the riffle at the top of the island in the dark and hopefully make it to the other side dry.

J

4. crappielooker

LOL..yup..thats gonna be great..
    good luck dood..

5. 1 fish hooked under the chin, water is low and clear.

J

6. 3 fish all snagged this morning, was also down there at first light. All males and seen no other fish. We need some rain !!!

7. Also, they didn't open the gates in sidecut till 6:45am, wish it was sooner :eek:

8. hiddenlake,

were you fishing the downstream side of the island?

J

9. Was fishing straight across from shroeders farm, almost across from that creek over there. Went again this morning and same story for me, maybe try the later bite !! Good luck !!!

10. Fished bluegrass 3/22 from 4:30-6:45 snagged one and that was the only fish I touched all afternoon. Saw 3 legal fish taken out of 20 or so guys. I don't know if its me or the fish but this has been one of the worst starts for me in years.

11. We have had a cold winter.I remember last year around march 10 the weather was 65 degrees up there.

12. swantucky, it's not you, yesterday and the day before all I did was snag a few fish, seen a couple caught. I think the water has to warm alittle and raise, some reason the fish aint biting. Was gonna go today but think I'll give it a little rest. Yesterday thought I had a legal fish, could feel that head shake but he was snagged under the mouth and didn't like the looks of that net coming towards him so he ripped out of it, was gonna let him go anyway.

13. good old snow, Think i'll go to the store and buy my walleye. I agree they are there but not biting. I'm gonna wait to the weekend, I still have yet to see somebody catch one in six time outs.

14. Fishin' Coach

Fishin' Coach Wall I ETR

Finally caught my 1st walleye of the year yesterday. I also fished the island, and had good luck early Fished 9:30 - 2:30 and did really well. Caught my limit, + 1 too small released and 2 snagged and released. All on floaters with 3' leaders and 3/8os egg sinkers, usual colors. Later had to upsize to 1/2 because of the wind, but only caught 1 with the 1/2 oz. All the hits came in the first hour except for the undersized jack that was caught at about 2:00, Saw a few others taken but It is still real slow. I was just lucky, in the right place and the right time, I guess.
    Anyhow good luck all,

--coach

15. Good deal coach, did much better than most !!

16. This Weeks Warm Rains Should Get Things Fired Up, From My Limited Experience With The River Up There, Ive Never Done Any Good Until A Good Ammount Of Warm Showers Has Raised & Warmed The Water A Bit. But Like I Said " Limited Experience With The River " Good Luck Folks, Im Not Going To Make It Up This Year, Not Driving 3 Hours For 3 Fish, I Can Drive 15 Min. For That. If Gas Prices Werent So Extreme I Would Reconsider But At The Moment My Wallet Says Otherwise.

Good Luck

17. Ha, warm rain. must be nice. we're getting pelted with snow and sleet all day. someone please tell me again why i live in ohio. i could be bass fishing in georgia or florida right now. Seriously, toledo only has two seasons, warm and crappy. I never mind living here until march, when i get so pissed off at the weather.

18. mojo, it must be them glow in the dark "eyes'' your about to put in the net ;)

19. yeah, my opinion will change once i get 3 fish on the stringer and pull some football smallies out of erie, but come on man, today was just rough. 45 and sunny tommorrow though. crazy.

20. crappielooker

mojoman..how about pullin some football smallies outta the maumee with me sometimes?? ;) saay..durin mid walleyes run??