close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

3/17 pike island tailwaters

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by mrtwister_jbo, Mar 17, 2005.

1. hit the pike 2day with fellow ogf'er htnickle,no minnows at the bait shop yet :confused: ,but anyway thats a whole story in it self :mad:
    got there about 12:30 couple of old guys there one fishing a minnow an shot said he had got one fish early but hadn't got a bite in hrs .
    1st cast got a 13''sauger 5mins later another 14''er the old dude looked at me shook his head an left with out saying a word :D
    i ended up with 6 eyes 2 were 8'' the other 4 were 13'' to 14'' had one nice big one on but got off before we could get the net down looked like around 20'' or so and it was a walleye 4 sure.all fish were caught on 1/4oz head an 3'' glow in the dark tail 6# line. snagged one quill back an had something on that i don't know what it was :cool: but it was big!!!!!!!!
    mrtwister_jbo
    jimbo

2. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Any baitfish jumping around at the dam?

How many gates open?

3. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

I too fish the dam at Pike Island, but sounds as if your fishing the peir....not the best spot by far!!

Scott

4. what is the best spot, or better than the pier, i've fished the pier for years and have had good luck. but was wondering if there was any where else to give a try???? any info would be greatly appreicated. :)

5. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Try down below the pier where the little red creek hits the main river.

And bring your castnet and get free, wild minnows and other bait.

6. how far down is that? thanks for the info, my favorites are the cats.

7. At Pike you will catch many more fish if you get off the pier. Sometimes it is a decenty spot but more oftne than not you can catch more fish just walking down the bank and setting up in the rocks. The area right next to the pier where the creek runs out isn't bad if the water is above 20+ feet or lower than 14 feet. I will be down there this weekend.

Jake