close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

29ft and rising

Discussion in 'Stripers & Hybrids' started by boonecreek, Jul 27, 2007.

1. come on hight water, muddy creek banks. frost in the air and a good year fishin for all.

2. creekwalker

creekwalker Moving water...

Ha, you got me. I saw the title and thought the river was coming up and the wipers were starting to bite. Wishful thinking this time of year...maybe in a coupel of months.

CW

3. i don.t fish much in the summer. i'm a winter fisher man.

4. We ate a bunch of this today after church:
    [​IMG]
    Shot with BUSHNELL at 2007-07-29

5. Does your belly look like that now Jeff??;)

6. No, Dave, but I have the same open mouthed silly grin on my face that wiper seems to have! :D
    LMJ

7. nice fish, ant seen one of those thing in a little while.can't wait for rising water

8. creekwalker

creekwalker Moving water...

LMJ, I think you need a bigger fillet knife :D

CW

9. CW, you should have seen the fillets, I REALLY need a bigger frying pan! ;)
    LMJ

10. :D Yeah, those look like spoon fed wipers to me. Maybe 3oz spoon fed,huh. Heres Adam

Attached Files:

11. Just how much bait do you think one of those rocket wipers can eat in one day? Man they get PHAT!
    LMJ

12. I just moved back to the Pike Island area recently and I cant wait for fall to get here. Came back to finish my degree but the prospects of chasin fish around really made it easier. Didn't get back nearly as much as I would of liked to in the last 9 years and I know I have missed out on some great fishing. I cant wait for a cool October morning, river socked in with fog, and wipers crashing on bait out by the first gate. The time is almost here!

Jake

13. Looking at Adam's fish made me want to post this:
    [​IMG]
    Shot with BUSHNELL at 2007-08-15
    Now, is that PHAT or what?
    Stuffed full of skips and shad, full of fight, and not giving UP!

14. Yeah, nice!! I took him again and he was the only person to catch any Saugers the other evening. Mom has already placed an order for a few from him. I heard a couple of kids put it all over you the other evening Jeff,, Lets see.

15. My wife and I will be down around Bellville lock next month. Are there any wipers in that area? I fish mainly for Cats, but I wouldn't mind catching other fish, I just hope I can catch something.:F

16. Hey, I thought you was my buddy! I was taking the pictures, they was smiling and acting like they just won the lotto, so who's complaining? ;)
    LMJ

17. Yeah, I just wanted to see those kids. Not much else happening on this forum after you worked so hard to get it going.I love to see pictures of kids on here, and that's why I put Adam on. Earlier this summer he was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes and is 8 yrs old. Checks his own sugar level and needs up to 4 injections a day and can do it himself.Wow!! So the guys at the dam really look out for him and let him reel in some great fish as you've seen. Not many boys that young can handle a baitcaster on an 11ft rod. So Boonecreek , get out there and fish !! here he is with a shad. he'll take anything!!

Attached Files:

18. Dave, Adam must be a great kid, my hat's off to him, except the glare would blind him! ;)
    Here's another deep summer wiper, on 9" sluggo w/1.5oz jig, man, those wipers are going after the big stuff these days!
    And I guess you're still using crappie jigs for the bigguns? LOL
    LMJ

Attached Files:

19. Nah, the Gars like those jigs too. Zoom Flukes & live Skipjacks ,carolina rigged Roostertails when there's enough current. BTW , Sluggo Jim would be proud of that one!!

20. Now, that's interesting, I may have stumbled across the key to the biggun's!
    Isn't Jim the guy that caught the 22 lb stripe at the dam this spring?
    LMJ