4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FOR SALE........................

1983 Mariner outboard motor.

-Long Shaft (20")
-Tiller steering
-Electric start (key) or pull start
-Electric choke and manual choke

I recently upgraded to a 40hp for my boat, wanted to make sure it ran good before I sold my 25hp. Well it ran good so it's time for the 25hp to go. Motor runs real strong, starts as soon as you turn the key. I recently had a new lower unit put on and there are no leaks anywhere. This motor will get my 16.5' up to about 20mph. I've had this motor out 6 miles on Lake Erie before and never had any thoughts if it would get me back or not. She's a runner!! Asking $600 FIRM..... Motor is currently being stored at my parents house in N. Canton, so if you are interested in checking it out give me a heads up and I'll go pick it up one night after work. Any other questions send me a pm, I'm on here all the time it seems like. Pics below!

Attachments

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
not meaning to hijack the thread,but just want to plug that motor.my guess is it's one made by yamaha,and if so,it's a great motor and a deal at that price.they can't be beat,there's a reason a lot of commercial guys run yamahas;)
they're much better than the merc mariners.i know cause i have a(smaller) 79 model that is super strong,problem free,and wouldn't trade for any other brand.

·
Kiss The Converse
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the free bump.....

It is indeed a Yamaha.

·
SOLID MEAT
5,715 Posts
i'll second the mantience on this motor, it was def. well kept! and a steal at 600 for sure, great for any smaller boat in the 14-17ft range!

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
I gotta throw a bump in on this one too guys. If you are in the market for a 25 hp, you'd be crazy to let this go by. I'm no psychic, but I'm predicting this wont be here long.

·
Kiss The Converse
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bump...................

·
Kiss The Converse
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got alot of responses. I have contacted everyone, I hope. Someone is coming to check it out Monday. I'll keep everyone updated. Thanks for looking!

·
Kiss The Converse
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Motor is sold!!! Enjoy it Rick............

1 - 10 of 10 Posts