Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pulled 4 tickets with some folks from out of town this weekend. Not boat limits but still a pretty good showing for my skill set.

9 yesterday and 15 today. The other 12 we were allowed fell victim to rookie mistakes ( have you ever seen someone take a rod out of a holder so fast that they get the board to jump out of the water?). Lol.

Everything came on something with chartreuse backs and a couple of bare naked reefrunners.

Thanks to everyone of the tips. Don't want to post numbers as they were not mine to begin with, but will say we never had a boat within 3 miles.

Guys at the buoy did better for sure, but I had a third of they run they did.

The vast majority of the fish were under 20". A good sign for the future. Some of the 24 got put back, even though they were legal, they were just not worth killing yet. Lol.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Nice job Kev....had good weather sun but it must of been a hard day of rockin with sat waves. Good to see some smaller fish....and even better to see some "legal" fish being released to grow a few more inches.

People had a blast I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Bob, normally I like them barely legal but they were a little on the skinny side. Wait, that doesn't sound right.....

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Good weekend in anybody's book. How were the white bass and sheep. Thats
all we could catch last week.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
"THE LUCKY TOUCH"
1,333 Posts
Pulled 4 tickets with some folks from out of town this weekend. Not boat limits but still a pretty good showing for my skill set.

9 yesterday and 15 today. The other 12 we were allowed fell victim to rookie mistakes ( have you ever seen someone take a rod out of a holder so fast that they get the board to jump out of the water?). Lol.

Everything came on something with chartreuse backs and a couple of bare naked reefrunners.

Thanks to everyone of the tips. Don't want to post numbers as they were not mine to begin with, but will say we never had a boat within 3 miles.

Guys at the buoy did better for sure, but I had a third of they run they did.

The vast majority of the fish were under 20". A good sign for the future. Some of the 24 got put back, even though they were legal, they were just not worth killing yet. Lol.
Yesterday I seen that happen on a boat trolling past us going the other direction. The guy yamked the rod up like he was setting the hook on a whale lol. it was quite funny seeing theo ther guy look at push his hands out "like calm down".

I was within 3 miles of you at one point. I am just so stealth you could not see me. Good tsalking to you there.

Great job man

1 - 8 of 8 Posts