Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sunday morning a group of us went wading. It was a perfect morning weather wise. Water was just about normal. Clarity was about 18".
Using a chrome 2.5" shad crank bait one of the guys caught 4 over 18" the largest was 22" sorry for the blurry pic.]79301[/ATTACH]
I caught 27 fish total largest was 15.5" Fish Trout Bass Fishing Fish

There was a lot of wildlife out and about Soil Terrestrial animal Wildlife Grass Tree

That is a small bluegill in the snakes mouth
As far as location. We were in the Miami Valley on a river

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Attachments

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
over the last 15 years have had several buddies get fish over 20" here in the Miami Valley and it seems at that point, they start to loose girth and just be "loooong" fish with big heads, obviously getting into old age for a beast that size so Id have to guess closer to 3.5-4.25 lbs, but that's only an educated guess gathered from my years of experience, lets get the pics up!!! Heck Im still trying to break 18.5 , would love to see big "healthy" fish from a local watershed!! I might also add that this time of year fish may still be in post spawn with a soft belly so that may add to a lower weight.

Either way, a true trophy!!

Salmonid

·
She says I'm on one
908 Posts
you gotta expect the skeptics on here to come out lol especially when you say anything 18" or bigger.. that being said it looks like a good fish but without the tape or something for size reference on the same plane as the fish (a friend of mine once measured my hand width from knuckle to knuckle then multiplied across the fish picture by cropping it..he was that skeptical haha) I wouldn't say 22 having seen a 20" that by the pictures would dwarf any other "20+" incher I've seen on this site

·
Pirateer
2,009 Posts
View attachment 79329

I often use this ruler to measure my fish. Seems your buddies do too ;)

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Love it, by that standard I must be state record holder, if not national. But hey I still get all gitty when I get something bigger than my thumb. And I got some stubby fingers

Sent from my V8000_USA_Cricket using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Team Fatty
1,258 Posts
This was caught in MI by my wifes cousin last week, this fish was 21'' and 5.5lbs the picture doesn't begin to do the fish justice but you can tell what a 21'' fish looks like

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts