Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Fish Master
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the GMR this afternoon for an hr just to get out of the house and surprise surprise my first big smallie of the year. This has been my first year fishing rivers and i have had alot of success thanks in part to the info i have gained from all of you on ogf. Thanks for the tips.

20in. 5lbs

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

Attachments

·
Fish Master
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks fellas. Hope there is more to come. I have never fished the LMR. Maybe i will try there next and see if i get this lucky

·
Fish Master
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No. I did measure but didnt take a picture. Im not looking for an award or even bragging rights for that matter so skeptics can choose not to believe me. I just wanted to post my first big smallie ever lol

·
Registered
707 Posts
Nice smallie!!! I'm thinking its more like 19 7/8 heavy. Lol. Who cares what people do and don't believe. ...I think by just looking at that pic anybody can see that's a hell of a smallie. Good Job!!!

Trying to get a smallie to sit still long enough to get a pic of it with a ruler or tape measure is NOT an easy task.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
It's a really nice fish. Please save the 'don't worry what the guy says' comments, its played out. He stated that's he's cool with ppl not believing him. There are a very few guys on here I would believe without proof, so it's nothing personal.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I'm may be wrong but "don't worry what guy says" and " who cares what people do and don't believe" are completely different. But I agree there's a ton of BS posts on this site. I'm always glad to see nice smallie catches. My favorite fish to fish for!!! Again Nice Catch!!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,192 Posts

·
Annyong!
1,461 Posts
That's a great looking smallmouth flex, congrats. Were you fishing that worm wacky rigged?

·
Fish Master
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Texas rig no weight. I let it just go with the current and bounce off the rocks

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Nice smallie!! Wish I'd a caught it

·
Hopelessly Hooked
1,376 Posts
Nice to see someone caught a nice smb, a friend adn I fished the wwr or 11.5hrs yesterday and only caught dinks, although Greg caught 3 rainbows and regretfully had to release them (no trout stamp). I have to clear this up, where you fishing the GMR or LMR? if the GMR just wondering what section of the river if You dont mind sharing info? thanks, again congrads

1 - 20 of 43 Posts