Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
You changed the name from 2022 Caesar Creek Crappie, oh well, found it. Has anybody gotten a water temp from a depth finder? I don’t believe what the USGS is showing right now as representative of the rest of the lake…plummeted from 58F to 51F over last 2 days.

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yup... I think that temperature is accurate. I saw the same kinds of up-and-down trends in the first part of April last year also. I believe the USGS temp more than I would the fish finder on my boat… Those are just surface temps taken from a boat, And they only reflect the surface of the lake.

...... changed the title for you. :cool:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I get what you are saying on depth finder, but if you understand where the temp gauge is, it can get a bit wonky at times. I’m probably going to try this afternoon & will take some temp measurements the old fashioned way.

·
Harry
1,145 Posts
I get what you are saying on depth finder, but if you understand where the temp gauge is, it can get a bit wonky at times. I’m probably going to try this afternoon & will take some temp measurements the old fashioned way.
Yes, especially in the summer time the posted usgs temps are sometimes significantly different than my Hummingbird readings. Like 10 degrees different and during the summer the water temps don’t fluctuate like the do in the spring

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well fellas.... looks like it's gonna be a perfect beautiful weekend… Got down here to the cabin around noon today… Unpacked… And then headed down the road to Wayne national Forest to check things out… My cousins property borders Wayne national… And it's a gem... only 15 acres… But it borders the national forest... he has two creeks running through his property… And the first Creekbed proved to be successful...
Felidae Plant Organism Terrestrial plant Big cats

next in line… The neighbors property… He has 20 acres and a Beaverdam pond at the back of his property which he allows me to fish and duck hunt… Turned out to be a great afternoon…
Sky Hat Fisherman Fish Recreational fishing

I absolutely can't wait for Saturday morning opener… Hunting turkeys with my father… He's 76 and still gets around great in the woods… Hopefully I'll post some pictures of a fat Tom

1 - 20 of 94 Posts