Ohio Game Fishing banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Craig Lewis and Erie Outfitters is the real deal. I have only been in there twice and it was during the pandemic. The person didn’t know me from Adam. Told me the hot lure’s depth to troll and location. Yes and thanks to capt.Scott they got $100 bucks from me... LOL..We all should always support the local shops. You don’t get that kind of service from the big stores. I remember the same kind of discussions when the big box stores came in to the hardware business. The neighborhood stores couldn’t compete. The local bait shops need us to stop in for our needs. The Fall Brawl got gobbled up by money and greed. Hopefully Erie outfitters got something out of the move. Stay Safe ...

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,546 Posts
If the only time you patronized EO was when you signed up or weighed a fish, then change that habit.

The Fall Brawl has been a commercialized boat flipping scheme for a small circle of fisherman for many years. Cabelas will run it into the ground, just like they do everything else.

Come on man that's a stretch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Are we sure that’s what happened? I see Erie Marine and sales is not listed as a sponsor either, which is where the warriors and Hewes originated from. Maybe with the pandemic these small regional shops couldn’t give away as much as they had in the past?
I WILL say I have been less than pleased with the brawls transparency. Many people have been disqualified the last few years with not even a hint as to why. Also, it has ruined what was once a quiet, peaceful fishery on the piers. All because of this “tourney” piers from Cleveland to Toledo are packed nightly and many of the well known spots are jam packed before the sun even hits the horizon.

I will not be entering this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My wife and I are walleye fisherman and we only take enough to eat. Not for show or bragging rights. But since this tournament started I feel it has become unsafe to venture out on the water. There is no respect from the mass crowds of boats. Haven't seen dnr watching ramps. I think they need to restrict the amount of people in the fall brawl or do a lottery. Any thoughts ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I expect people to be stupid on summer holidays. And past fall brawls didn't have near the amount of non resident and newbies that have no respect for personal property or feel the need to troll 40 feet behind you because your hooking fish. Just my experience maybe a bad couple days who knows but we didn't have any issues in the past

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,546 Posts
My wife and I are walleye fisherman and we only take enough to eat. Not for show or bragging rights. But since this tournament started I feel it has become unsafe to venture out on the water. There is no respect from the mass crowds of boats. Haven't seen dnr watching ramps. I think they need to restrict the amount of people in the fall brawl or do a lottery. Any thoughts ?
A lottery for what?

My thought is that the lake is a public place Non residents have always fished Vermillion and Huron in the fall and some falls even Cleveland

The lake has 5x the traffic than it does in summer and I can say with confidence, I'd rather be launching, boating and and fishing next to Rangers, Lunds, Starcrafts, Hews, etc than some hillbilly who pulls his rig out of the tall grass next to his barn for a Saturday of fishing or tubing or a 30 fter who drunk off his ass that doesn't know ANY rules of the road and could care less about fisherman.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts