Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you consider signing up for the fall brawl know that Frank Murphy sold out Erie outfitters to cabelas and his long time friend Craig Lewis. I called out the frank Murphy on the fallbrawl website only have him block me.

Craig Lewis and Erie Outfitters will ALWAYS have my support 24/7!!!! Like and share if you agree and support small business!!!! We love you and what you do Craig! #Fallbrawlsellout #frankmurphyredcoat #murphysellout4cabelas

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Are we sure that’s what happened? I see Erie Marine and sales is not listed as a sponsor either, which is where the warriors and Hewes originated from. Maybe with the pandemic these small regional shops couldn’t give away as much as they had in the past?
I WILL say I have been less than pleased with the brawls transparency. Many people have been disqualified the last few years with not even a hint as to why. Also, it has ruined what was once a quiet, peaceful fishery on the piers. All because of this “tourney” piers from Cleveland to Toledo are packed nightly and many of the well known spots are jam packed before the sun even hits the horizon.

I will not be entering this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
It has gone pretty big on fb alot of people arent getting into it. Do they also hold the fishcrazy spring derby also?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
They are 2 completely separate entities! And while this is the hottest topic in the fishing world going on right now, I have no idea why the mods decided to bury this thread in no man's land and then close any others that people try to start. HEY MODS NOBODY LOOKS IN THE TOURNAMENT TAB!!!! PUT IT IN LAKE ERIE WHERE IT BELONGS

reelylivinsportfishing.com

·
'Super Moderator'
13,328 Posts
They are 2 completely separate entities! And while this is the hottest topic in the fishing world going on right now, I have no idea why the mods decided to bury this thread in no man's land and then close any others that people try to start. HEY MODS NOBODY LOOKS IN THE TOURNAMENT TAB!!!! PUT IT IN LAKE ERIE WHERE IT BELONGS

Normally would respond to posts like this via PM.
But considering this same thread was cross posted in various forums as well as few other members have opened threads on the same subject on other forums...thought it necessary for those that haven't read OGF TOS's to respond here in open forum...

Taken straight from OGF TOS that's been in existence since the beginning of time:

Cross Posting/Re-posting: Posting the same thread in multiple forums to gain more exposure for your topic will result in one of the posts being deleted. Re-posting threads that have been deleted or closed will result in a loss of posting privileges across the site in the forums effected for 30 days.

Far as closing this thread in all other forums it was opened up in and leaving it opened in the tournament forum versus Lake Erie forum...
Understandibly, some may want massive exposure to this thread...but the Fall Brawl is a tournament.
And info regarding tournaments...even those held on Erie...belong in the Tournament forum.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
I would like some clarification please.... my understanding was that a selected group of people ran the fall brawl. Craig was the "agent" for the weigh in. I thought his benefit was increased traffic into the business???
So with that being said, shouldn't we be able to purchase any and all gear from EO but still take a shot at winning some decent money or a boat??
I've supported EO whenever I need anything and that's not going to stop. I don't have to buy a single sinker at Cabela's if I so choose. I can weigh a fish and leave.
Without full disclosure from each side, we will not really know what happened to cause the brawl to separate from EO. There could have been a decision from the shop to say, we are tired of weighing 8 pounds walleye non stop for six weeks. I'm sure that's not easy on the shop to have constant flow of people and relay all the info back to the brawl. I know one day Craig told me he did over 60 weighs, all while running his business with normal traffic. This is all speculation but maybe EO didn't need the fall brawl because they have tried and true customers that support EO regardless of a derby or not... weigh a fish at cabela's but buy your stuff at EO.
Is there an issue with doing this???

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would like some clarification please.... my understanding was that a selected group of people ran the fall brawl. Craig was the "agent" for the weigh in. I thought his benefit was increased traffic into the business???
So with that being said, shouldn't we be able to purchase any and all gear from EO but still take a shot at winning some decent money or a boat??
I've supported EO whenever I need anything and that's not going to stop. I don't have to buy a single sinker at Cabela's if I so choose. I can weigh a fish and leave.
Without full disclosure from each side, we will not really know what happened to cause the brawl to separate from EO. There could have been a decision from the shop to say, we are tired of weighing 8 pounds walleye non stop for six weeks. I'm sure that's not easy on the shop to have constant flow of people and relay all the info back to the brawl. I know one day Craig told me he did over 60 weighs, all while running his business with normal traffic. This is all speculation but maybe EO didn't need the fall brawl because they have tried and true customers that support EO regardless of a derby or not... weigh a fish at cabela's but buy your stuff at EO.
Is there an issue with doing this???

It was more about his buddy not telling him until last minute. And the fact it was a something a very small group of friends started ten years ago. Then as one was able to get most of the sponsors then put in all the hours at the shop to weigh thousands of fish only to have this happen

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Copy.... I've been in since the start but have not been in touch with the doings or in the loop of what has been going on behind the scenes since about 2016 when I was no longer a frequent visitor since I no longer was in the area much. But I still make the trip when I need quality gear from a local shop with fair and competitive pricing.
Not naming companies,sponsors or people...but I know for fact of similar situations over the fall brawl.... not to this level but sooner or later we all will have to answer for our actions. I'm a firm believer in that!!!

·
1 fish is a he!! of alot more than none.
2,018 Posts
K-gone, are you sure you want to keep that last post? read it again because out of context, there is quite a bit between the lines. Unless you meant it that way.
You are one of the best persons on this site, so its out of character for you. Unless I'm totally missing what you are referring to.

I love Craig and EO BTW. Happy to see him a couple weeks ago reorganized and ready for a great season.
I have a new boat I needed to outfit with trolling rods and boards and stuff. I couldn't buy the gun I wanted, so, you know how that goes some times.

Boat will be in around April 1st, and I cannot wait.
I will chase steelies until then.

Rickerd

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Can we keep it on topic?? Fall brawl has been dusting any opinion that doesn't align with their beliefs, so we need a place to go to openly discuss all that surrounds the fall brawl and let people form their own I opinions.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Can we keep it on topic?? Fall brawl has been dusting any opinion that doesn't align with their beliefs, so we need a place to go to openly discuss all that surrounds the fall brawl and let people form their own I opinions.
There aren't many of my fishing circle, many who are captains, left that haven't been blocked off the Cabelas Brawl Facebook

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
So what’s the real story?

I hear Craig found out the other day with the rest of us

I also hear frank told him changes were coming weeks of not months ago.

both from reputable sources who claim be “in the know”

Personally I could care less what boat or money we are fishing for. I wish it would have stayed with EO but ya can’t always get what ya want. If Craig knew in advance it is what it is, if not that is very crappy on Frank’s end.

truth be told the fall brawl got HUGE and I’m surprised it took this long for a big name retailer to get involved.

there’s another tournament series I’ve been apart of for several years now that also seems to be getting much bigger, hopefully it doesn’t get out of control and turn into another NWT

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
All I'm saying is we need a place to openly and freely discuss this without fear of censorship because you, me or whoever doesn't agree with the fall brawl page monitors.

·
'Super Moderator'
13,328 Posts
All I'm saying is we need a place to openly and freely discuss this without fear of censorship because you, me or whoever doesn't agree with the fall brawl page monitors.

Since there's already been a few posts deleted...worth repeating:

Per request it's moved. Keep discussions within the OGF TOS please.
As long as posts are within OGF TOS policies, this thread...as well as any updated info pertaining to the Fall Brawl events will remain open and will provide a place for civil discussion.

As for 'censorship' or moderating this thread goes...while it's very well understood by OGF staff that everything that's happened with the Fall Brawl has emotions running at an all time high with many...this thread and its posters will be moderated just like any other legit OGF thread. And the TOS's apply to the posters in this thread as equal as to posters on any other thread.
In short...this thread (as with any other thread) isn't going to turn into an open 'unmoderated' battle ground.

Sooo...as things unfold...as disagreements may arise...as disagreeable things happen on Facebook...
AGAIN, PLEASE KEEP ALL POSTS RESPECTFUL and WITHIN TOS GUIDELINES.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
I do apologize....I was referring to "censorship" for opposite opinions anyone places in the fall brawl page, not ogf. Seen numerous comments come and go. Interesting enough I see that online on another page that is trying to start a boycott fall brawl page and is attempting to reach out to all the fall brawl sponsors to voice their anger.
I get both sides of the argument and I do think that fall brawl underestimated the power and loyalty of local fishermen/women.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts