Ohio Game Fishing banner

61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Slow morning for me today, saw 2 bucks and 2 does, first buck was by himself moving through the woods, second buck was 10-15 feet behind a doe keeping up with her going through the woods.
Back in the stand now for the afternoon hunt, plenty warm.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Had a great encounter with 1 of our oldest deer tonight, 4 does on 1 side of me and all of a sudden from over my left shoulder, the woods erupt with breaking branches and grunts. He comes through a grape vine tangle like the koolaid man at 30 yards away. Never had a shot opportunity but was awesome to see an 8 year old deer in bow range doing his thing.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
2020 buck tag filled. Was hunting public land that I haven't hunted for probably close to 20 yrs and managed to luck into a nice one .

Crazy thing is I saw this same buck Sat and Sunday morning behind my parents locked on a doe . Their place is at least a half mile thru the timber from there .

Shot him at about 415 . First deer of the evening .

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
2020 buck tag filled. Was hunting public land that I haven't hunted for probably close to 20 yrs and managed to luck into a nice one .

Crazy thing is I saw this same buck Sat and Sunday morning behind my parents locked on a doe . Their place is at least a half mile thru the timber from there .

Shot him at about 415 . First deer of the evening .
View attachment 458176 View attachment 458177
Congratulations sir! Awesome buck you have there!

·
Registered
16,407 Posts
I had this doe and buck in my flower bed a few years ago on Veterans Day...They were resting after whoopie I imagine..

After they rested for 10 minutes or so they got up and moseyed into the woods. Nicest Buck I've seen on my property.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I shot this buck Tuesday morning as he was cruising for a hot doe He worked a scrape in some thick stuff about 15 yards from me. After a few minutes of that he walked by me at 10 yards and the 3 bladed muzzy went through his right lung into the heart and buried into the off side leg.

61 - 80 of 104 Posts