Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was not a great year for catfishing on the river. This Spring time I had many things going on I really did not get on the river till late June. I tried a number of new spots with not much in the way of hooking fish. My grandson was helping me with boat this year and did better than me when we were together.

I did get to a pond with a friend and caught 3 nice channel cats there. I am really eager to get back to that pond next year.

My brother hired a guide for a trip and it was a fun day. My brother caught 5 catfish I boated 10. That was the most catfish we have caught on one trip in years.

I had high hopes for more action in the Fall but it did not happen. Out in the boat on several trips I skunked or just 1 or 2 cats the other times my biggest cat of the year was 27 inch channel cat of 12 pounds, that was from the bank fishing with my brother.

Next year I am going to be taking my boat out to A.J Jolly Lake when the river is messed up. I have seen photos of the blue cats from there so will give it a try. If any of you reading this have any tips where to wet my line drop me an E-MAIL. It was great to spend time with my grandson in the boat looking forward to many more next season. I wish everyone lots of tight lines whenever you wet a line.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.