Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Catchin eyes
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So what's on everybody's agenda for this coming season? Lakes to hit, species to cross of the bucket list, equipment upgrades, etc?

For us hopefully a new boat is in order! Going to look at one this weekend (which means I'll have one for sale soon hopefully ). Probably hit some tourneys around OH with the Ohio Boys circuit, Lake Erie fun shoot, maybe a few others. Definitely looking forward to an upgrade and shooting the Lake Erie islands more this year. If you've never done it, it's definitely worth adding to your bucket list. Would also like to shoot some more saltwater this year... maybe some stingrays.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Well, the new boat is home after a mega road trip two weeks ago. Have the lights, ballasts, etc. off the old ride & it's already sold, so now just need some warmer weather to get to work on the new one. Flush mount deck, airboat style light rail with 4-400 hps & 4-150 hps lights and look out carp !!!

lawman, those new 150's from Austin should light up the night for you !!!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
It's all good Jake, that's what I figured, but you never know.
Trust me, we see lots of LMB & a few muskies & you have to be careful when it's a split second decision. We should use our night time bowfishing sightings for day time fishing more as there appear to be way more bass in some of Ohio's lakes than people think.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Hey Lawman, any progress on the boat yet ??
We should start on the deck later this week & should be done & ready to hit the water by mid April. Deck shouldn't take long, but light rail will be some work. Then all the ballasts, lights, etc. Sounds like quite a few nights in the barn, hope it warms up some.

·
Catchin eyes
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just started bowfishing (have a bow). I live in Toledo. Can anyone give me some insight where to bowfish in the Toledo area, both in a boat or from the land?
Lake Erie! Don't know what kinda boat you have, but any size boat can find water worth shooting there. We used to kill tons of fish in the backwaters off a 14 footer. The Maumee should be full of fish too. Sorry I can' t help you more, I'm not overly familiar with the area.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.