Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some advice , have a fuel problem, acts like it starving for gas if we pump the primer bulb it runs fine , took the filters out and didn’t seam to be plug up , could blow through them no problem , I did notice that one of the filters had fuel pressure when I removed it , was thinking fuel pump but the one filters had pressure ?

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Sounds like an air leak in the line to the motor...just my opinion, i would replace the line from the motor to the tank, new bulb and tank connectors and go from there...the bulb doesn't stay firm??..may as well just replace the fuel filter while you're at it...
Could be fuel pump too I guess...but before that, if the new line and bulb don't work I would do a good carb cleaning then go from there.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like an air leak in the line to the motor...just my opinion, i would replace the line from the motor to the tank, new bulb and tank connectors and go from there...the bulb doesn't stay firm??..may as well just replace the fuel filter while you're at it...
Could be fuel pump too I guess...but before that, if the new line and bulb don't work I would do a good carb cleaning then go from there.
It’s fuel injection , but replacing the lines is a good idea, does loose prime at the bulb that we know for sure

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
What he said...sounds like you're leaking air somewhere along that fuel line.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m going to replace the hoses and bulb , filters, but I think I may have found the problem, I won’t know till I get it home. If it’s the problem I’ll post it , so if it happens to someone else could save a person a lot of money.

·
A day not fishing won't kill me but why risk it!
207 Posts
Kwall, very first thought as I told Gjack was the inner liner of fuel line is collapsing as they do after awhile from the ethanol in fuel. Squeezing primer and stays running is forcing fuel past the collapse. If not using primer, then collapse is starving motor for fuel.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kwall, very first thought as I told Gjack was the inner liner of fuel line is collapsing as they do after awhile from the ethanol in fuel. Squeezing primer and stays running is forcing fuel past the collapse. If not using primer, then collapse is starving motor for fuel.
Very well could be , I not sure how we’ll know but there 2 fuel pumps to this motor and probably most , you have a low pressure that suck the fuel from the tank and a high pressure that takes it from the module to the motor , pretty easy to ck , should be able to hear it for about 2 sec when the key is first turn on , hopefully it’s the lines that would be great but if not that’s the next step , was interesting to find out about the 2 pumps , so if the line are fine it makes sense why priming the bulb work enough to get back in , I’ll figure it out next week

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have the same motor. It says in the owners manual the second filter is high pressure and should only be changed by the dealer. Its probably a safety issue. I've only changed the first one.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the same motor. It says in the owners manual the second filter is high pressure and should only be changed by the dealer. Its probably a safety issue. I've only changed the first one.
I change them both , get rap a rag around it to catch the gas , or look for the valve (looks like a tire valve ) let the pressure out of it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts