Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lots of questions. anybody review them yet? early anterless muzzle season this year. can a bow hunter shoot a buck that weekend? zones are kinda weird. let's here some thoughts.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Not really zones any more its by county. I don't believe bucks can be taken at all for that early season.

Sent from my XT907 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
511 Posts
They got rid of urban tags which ive taken full advantage of the last few years, no harm to me just less meat for food banks and homeless shelters

·
Registered
530 Posts
No confusion from me, I may just be wrong. I don't have the regs. In front of me. I'm sure they answer the question. Sorry if I muddied the waters.

Sent from my XT907 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
40 Posts
I read them yesterday. Thought it was clearer this year than last. You can take up to 9 deer. Only one being antlered. But you can only take a certain amount per county (2, 3, or 4). To take 9 deer you would have to hunt at least three counties. I know the antlerless tag you can get expires at the start of gun season. Pretty sure you can use the either or tags from begining to end. I only go during shotgun season so I didn't totally pay attention to the regs outside of that.

·
Registered
130 Posts
. . In the Hunter Can Do The Following section, you can archery hunt during the antlerless deer muzzleloading season! Archery hunters must comply with the hunter orange requirement and can Only Take Antlerless deer during the season !!

·
Multi Species Angler
6,098 Posts
I interpret as buck can be taken with bow during early muzzle. But only doe if using muzzle loader.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Wrong, a buck can NOT be taken during the antlerless only early muzzy season. That is regardless of what you are hunting with. No bucks for those two days PERIOD.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok, no bucks during early muzzle season. as far as bag limits go, i get that to harvest 9 deer, 3 of them need to be anterless tags, one for each zone. that sound right?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Game warden told me the antlerless tags were still available.. but only 1 can be used per county. and yeah. No bucks killed at all during the early muzzleloader season and only 1 buck per year..

·
Registered
99 Posts
I must've missed something! Thank goodness some of us are edumucated. I wuda git in trouble qwik! Thanks guys!!!
I do hope I don't see a big buck on Sunday afternoon with the muzzy. I was just kidding...I am not buying any tags this year.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I would say much clearer this year...
Hunters may harvest only one buck in Ohio, regardless of method of take or location. The statewide bag limit is nine deer, but a hunter cannot exceed a county bag limit. Additional controlled hunting opportunities do not count against the statewide bag limit.

One either-sex permit, one antlerless permit (eight counties): Darke, Erie, Fayette, Hancock, Madison, Ottawa, Sandusky and Wood.

Two either-sex permits, one antlerless permit (23 counties): Auglaize, Butler, Champaign, Clark, Gallia, Harrison, Henry, Hocking, Jackson, Jefferson, Lawrence, Logan, Meigs, Mercer, Miami, Monroe, Montgomery, Perry, Preble, Ross, Shelby, Van Wert and Washington.

Three either-sex permits, one antlerless permit (57 counties): Adams, Allen, Ashland, Ashtabula, Athens, Belmont, Brown, Carroll, Clermont, Clinton, Columbiana, Coshocton, Crawford, Cuyahoga, Defiance, Delaware, Fairfield, Franklin, Fulton, Geauga, Greene, Guernsey, Hamilton, Hardin, Highland, Holmes, Huron, Knox, Lake, Licking, Lorain, Lucas, Mahoning, Marion, Medina, Morgan, Morrow, Muskingum, Noble, Paulding, Pickaway, Pike, Portage, Putnam, Richland, Scioto, Seneca, Stark, Summit, Trumbull, Tuscarawas, Union, Vinton, Warren, Wayne, Williams and Wyandot.

·
Eat Em Up Charters
3,606 Posts
That early muzzle loader season statewide this year? In the past it has been limited to certain areas if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so the total bag limit is 9 using anterless permits, 6 without anterless permits. yes i think it is clearer after re-reading.

·
I jig therefore I am!
5,318 Posts
Anyone have any links? Are we able to buy the tags yet? Interested in the early muzzleloader season specifically. This will be my first year hunting deer.

·
Registered
426 Posts
How would you like to be the guys that hunt Ohio for trophy bucks and now you just lost another weekend? Hell why don't we put another one of those early shoot'em for the kids weekends in also? Everybody knows that 50% of the deer even tagged during that youth hunt are shot by an adult. Sorry...:devil::devil::devil::devil: on my soap box now and can't stop.

·
Eat Em Up Charters
3,606 Posts

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
How would you like to be the guys that hunt Ohio for trophy bucks and now you just lost another weekend? Hell why don't we put another one of those early shoot'em for the kids weekends in also? Everybody knows that 50% of the deer even tagged during that youth hunt are shot by an adult. Sorry...:devil::devil::devil::devil: on my soap box now and can't stop.
On a good note the hours sure look better.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts