close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2008 OGF Mosquito Fish-In

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ShakeDown, May 16, 2008.

1. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

[​IMG]

What: Ohio Game Fishing Mosquito Lake Fish-In
    Where: Causeway Sporting Goods at Mosquito Lake
    When: Saturday June 21st, 2008
    Who: All Members of Ohio Game Fishing and their families and friends!

OGF and Causeway Sporting Goods have teamed up once again to provide our members a weekend of fishing, camping, and friends at beautiful Mosquito Lake in northeast Ohio.

We've changed the format this year, which has allowed for a more casual atmosphere. Show up when you want, camp, and fish when you want!

Last year's event was a lot of fun and we are fortunate enough to have Linda and Causeway Sporting Goods as our host again. We are returning to Northeast Ohio's beautiful Mosquito Lake! Bring your family and join other OGF members for some fishing, camping, and friends on Saturday June 21st 2008 at Causeway Sporting Goods right on Mosquito Lake. Linda and her crew at Causeway Sporting Goods have graciously offered to host the event this year, and they've opened their property up for OGF members for the Fish-In! Mosquito Lake is an unlimited horsepower lake 7,850-acre lake, with plentiful catches of walleye, bass, northern pike, crappie, and more. Bring the family and cookout, camp, and fish!

The gear giveaways we've had in years past at the event will be held online at www.ohiogamefishing.com in lieu of at the event. We felt that with the cost of gas which may prevent members who live a good distance away from attending, that it was only fair to offer up the prizes to ALL OGF members regardless of whether or not they can make it! Stay tuned to the site for more details!!!

Camping

Causeway Sporting Goods has granted OGF members special access to their huge treed lot for overnight camping at the event. The sites are primitive (no water/electric) but they are right at the outing and by the marina. Great bank access and plenty of camping space to accommodate us! Choose your site on a first-come first-serve basis and enjoy the weekend!​

[​IMG]

To RSVP to the Fish-In, please reply to this thread!!​

Thanks to Linda and Causeway Sporting Goods and thanks to all OGF members for their support!​

Sign-ups/ Foods if bringing

1. rattletraprex
    2. Ruminator/ maybe Mrs.Ruminator ...big batch of baked beans, cooler for drinks
    3. ezbite
    4.peple of the perch
    5.RiverRunner88
    6.johnboy
    7.Procraftboats21
    8. ncraft150
    9.Redear/ Barsolona Bass
    10. Big Daddy/ Nick
    11. Snyd and family
    12.p8ntinfaces - cancelled
    13. WalleyeGuy/ Mrs. Walleye
    14. Capt. Muskey/ Angie/ 2+ kids ... mac salad, chips, pop, fish
    15. DaleM/ brother
    16. littlestick52
    17. the Causeway Crew (10-15 people) ... Perogi Lasagna, Rigatoni, and ham and scalloped potatoes,
    and five cases of pop
    (Thank-you Linda for your very generous support!)
    18. fishingguy/ son
    19. booyah/ booyah Jr.
    20. liquidsoap/ guest
    21. uglystick27... food... :)
    22. bigfoot27
    23. Nippiddee- and friends possibly
    24. ShakeDown & Chopic

2. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Oh yea! Its that time of year again! :B

Count Lynda and I in too. :cool:

3. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

couldnt keep me away:)

4. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

I'm ready to go.

5. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

anyone wanting to get a small bass tournament together?

6. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

you know i'm down for that bro

7. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

whats a bass? hehehe

8. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Dont have the boys that weekend so it will just be me and Cc if she doesnt have to work.

9. Count me and Barsolona Bass in also.What about the food are we having a Ogf cook out with members bringin casserols,or we eating online this year.
    I don'tmuch care for the scan & fax buffet looks good but not much taste.LOL.
    Fred

10. As a newcomer to OGF. would that be a contest for who has the most sensitive feel and catches the smallest bass? My record is about 3 inches not sure on the weight....

11. I'm sure there will be a grill or two around for burgers and such... If anyone wants to bring a covered dish, a couple bags of chips, buns, paper plates, all the fixins, start letting each other know here what you're bringing... Soft drinks and water are always welcome too.

12. I am hoping to show up this year - Being the Holiday weekend my wife is wanting me to spend more time doing family things instead of out on the water all the time. However, she has been wanting to go camping with the kids and my youngest which is 2 1/2 loves fishing so I am hoping I will see you there.

13. I'll bring hot dogs, a big thing of beans and a charcoal grill .

14. Myself and wife will be there.
    camping for friday and saturday nights.

15. Capt.Muskey

Capt.Muskey Ohio Fishing Militia

Oh Yes, Angie and I will be there with at least 2 of the kids. Looking forward to the minnow races, the great fish fries, Linda's cooking! and can't wait to see what Buck shoots this year.
    We'll bring mac salad, chips, pop, and fish to fry. Maybe some fireworks too.
    Will we be needing any firewood? I have a bit in the back yard.
    I'm also up for any tourny's that are set up.
    We'll be there Thursday through Sunday.
    This yearly event ROCKS! every year it's better!!! It'll be hard to beat last year's get-to-gether, But I'm up for it!

16. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

I'm planning on being there Friday and most likely Saturday too. Always nice to see the members and always a great time as well. I'd say fire wood would be nice as the fire is a hit every year.

17. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

p8ntinfaces, if you bring some hot dogs/ buns and what you need to cook them, I'll bring a big batch of my own recipe of baked beans. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015