2008 OGF Crappie Open Results

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sporty, May 5, 2008.

1. sporty

sporty OGF Team - Charter Member

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

impressive numbers compared to other years,and considering conditions.at least from what little memory i can muster,LOL.
    does anyone have the results of the previous years?i've searched,but can't find anything.wold be interesting to see,and compare.

3. sporty

sporty OGF Team - Charter Member

4. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

thanks jeff.that is quite an improvement:eek:
    size and numbers both were up quite a bit overall.

5. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

Congratulations to August & Bollenbacher!

Congratulations to Chopiq for a nice 2 year run of 1st & 2nd.

Congratulations to all those that finished in the money.

Congratulations to everyone who braved those elements. My hat is off to all of you!

CG

6. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

Great time Saturday even though the weather blew. We ended up where we started, Team #17 and finished in 17th place.

Congrats to the winners!!!

Sowbelly

7. It looks like the overall catch success was up significantly. It looks like there was right at about 80% of maximum # of fish that could be brought to the scales. The average size was up just slightly from .50 to .58# per fish.

So I assume the team # on the results is consistent with the team number on the entry thread? I thought someone mentioned that Chopiq won but if use that assumption he actually finished second?:confused:

8. Nope, didn't win it this year, second place. just couldn't find the big girls this year. Only one fish still had eggs and she was a small whitey. The majority of fish we caught were the black crappies and they usually average a little more weight than the white crappies.

9. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

Slabman and partner won, and I went to the weigh-in and recognized them as the most successful fishing duo from the Buckeye Crappie Challenge crappie tour(August and Bollenbacher). That tournament series did not have an event this past weekend so I think several regulars from that series entered this event.

Congratulations again. A job well done in those conditions for sure!

CG

10. That is interesting that most of the fish have dropped their eggs. I cleaned a dozen from Saturday and roughly half were females and not one had dropped them yet. The lake temps there (Apple Valley) were right at 60° across most of the lake.

11. Just a big THANK YOU to every one envolved it was our first tourny and first time on Delaware but a very good time. Thanks again.

12. All 20 crappie I kept & cleaned from the tourney were light in color and still had their eggs. Most of the fish I saw being weighed were very dark in color.

13. Congrat's to all that placed in the money. Thanks to ogf for the great time even though I arrived almost late and had to ask trish to come back because I missed her (thanks to trish for returning) me and my 11yr had a good time.
    We only had 1 fish to bring to the weigh-in but more than I planned on bieng only the second time on the lake.

Looking forward to next year.Thanks too all involved.

14. Congrats to all!! What a tourney it was. Sure worked are butts off oh yeah and we fished to!!:) I will try to post the big fish we forgot to weigh in it was Brians elusive orange Crappie his dad Dockdabber has spoken of in another post. Was quite errie when i read that post and there i was netting that rare crappie.:p What a battle to in a tree with a long rod!!:p Net sorry i missed you was running around in a daze. My father was getting ready to have open heart on Monday and is in total kidney failure as well. I am at Riverside right now he is in Intensive care and even though has made it thru surgery doctors are saying he has a lot to get thru. So time will tell.:( Again thanks to all who had a part of getting tourney together and to all who came wished i could have met more people but i just had to get back home to help get things prepared. Had fun brian will just have to sneak over to Oshay in near future for some more friendly crappie;)

15. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

Troy,

I read that post about the orange crappie and about crapped, it was like my dad was there watching as it happened. I wasn't going to bring it up but you have to admit that was some serious finesse getting that fish out of there. I forgot about the picture, thats incriminating evidence I see..

Only time I ever hook a good trash fish on the long rod is when I'm in your boat, something fishy about that!!!

Brian:D

16. Even witht the rain it was a great turn out and tournament - Congrats to the winners - The last couple of years we finished in the top five but this year we took the back seat. Our approach was right we just didn't capitalize on the fish that we lost in the brush. We eneded up with 7 fish just under 5LBS.
    It was good to get out and meet some of you and I hope to see you guys on the water.

17. Gobi Muncher

Gobi Muncher mmmm.....tasty!

Is it possible to pre-register for next year?

18. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

sure is..............................same time next year when they open registration;)

19. Had a great day caught 18 keepers but no bigs. no fish on my usual spots had to try some backup spots. Thanks everyone involved had a great time,I'll be there again next year.

20. Gobi Muncher

Gobi Muncher mmmm.....tasty!

LOL! Thanks Rick. Guess I should have worded the ? differently! Had so much fun, can't wait for next year's. Definitely see you all on the next one!!!!