close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2008 Mosquito Madness!!!

Discussion in 'Tournament Discussion' started by Nipididdee, Aug 29, 2007.

1. As a heads up for OGF'rs only...

Mosquito Madness, a $10,000 first place "open" team two day bass tournament, will be venturing into season number three on

MAY 3rd and 4th, 2008

Online registration for boat positions will be begin November 1st- capped at the first 100 teams paid.

NOAA 2008 schedule has two more dates for confirmed approval. Here's a peak...

April 19th Mosquito
    June 21st Mosquito
    Oct 11th Portage

Plan for some additions to NOAA this year to the traditional schedule such as Lake Erie and Tappan...Berlin dates will be there as well upon approval.

More on dobass in the next month or so...

Nip

2. MAKtackle

MAKtackle your REEL friend

Erie....Am I dreaming....Bring on them brown fish!

3. Reel Man

Reel Man Member

Nip you have me thinking about next year when we haven't even finished this one up yet. You're the man!

4. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

5. The quiet one says "geesh"!:rolleyes:

6. I'm in for all except Erie! They should transplant all those smallies to the Ohio River and make that half landfill, half parking lot up there!!!:D :D :D

7. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

8. Does anyone need partner for the maddness next year ?

9. ;) I am also looking for a partner for next years maddness

10. I'm looking for sponsors!!!:p

Culln' don't be a brown fish hater...you really need that trip I been promisin'!!!

The river rumble even with all of Erie's beauties would result in Procraft, Wayne Patterson and my team shown' up to fish. We'd have to split 10,000! Culln' would say he'd be there and then not show:)

nip

11. Oh that just hurts!

Seriously though you shouldn't count out the possibility of a "river rumble".
    Kennedy Park could serve as a nice launch/weigh in site, we would obviously fish the Cumberland Pool with the Montgomery above and Pike Island below.
    Big $$$ tournaments on the river usually draw and the locale mentioned above is no further away than anyplace you'd go out of on Erie.
    Something different to think about for the future.
    Hey, look at the Classic in Pittsburgh, tough fishn brings the cream to the top!

BTW, I ain't forgot about a promised trip sucker! I continue to wait patiently.
    If it's the big pond though the wind better be outta any direction at 0!!!
    (I don't own any dropshotn gear either, I fish like a man:D )

12. JUST TO GIVE AN UPDATE ON THE RIVER, I FISHED THE RIVER A FEW WEEKS AGO AND DID NOT EVEN PLACE IN THE MONEY. I THINK PROCRAFT GOT THE LAST CHECK. GARRY DAVIS AND HIS PARTNER WON IT, I THINK HE LIVES IN MIDINA OHIO, LONG WAY FROM THE RIVER I THINK. I THINK SUTEC WON THE LAST X SERIES HERE AND HE LIVES IN CANTON. I SERIOUSLY DONT THINK THIS IS WHAT WOULD KEEP PEOPLE FROM FISHING THE RIVER, GOT TO BE A BETTER REASON THAN A COUPLE PEOPLE THAT LIVE IN THIS AREA, LOOK HOW MANY PEOPLE LIVE NEAR PROTAGE, MOSQ, WEST BRANCH, AND PEOPLE FROM HERE GO TO THEM?? YOU JUST NEED TO COME THE RIGHT TIME OF THE YEAR TO GET GOOD BAGS. KEEP AFTER HIM CULLIN, I'LL EVEN OFFER TO TAKE HIM FISHIN A DAY HERE, NOT THAT IT WILL DO ANY GOOD WITH NO MORE TIME THAT I HAVE BEEN ON THE RIVER, ONE DAY THIS YEAR AND NEVER EVEN PUT THE BOAT IN LAST YEAR.

13. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

heck, ol nip shouldn't be gettin on anyone's case...if i remeber right he dropped out of his own tournament just because it was at portage... highs in the 30's should not have even been considered a factor!

14. Dropped outa Powerhouse as I figured to be busy assisting law enforcement post event, didn't want any conflict of interests :eek: .... we were in that weather 2am-5pm two days in a row...no fear JB, snow makes 'em eat!

We aint scared of you Patterson (maybe Culln is) it's just a matter of the "draw"- when the fish are scarce- so too are entries that makes the payout. :)

Maybe a petition of say just 75 signatures for us to do such a thing and I'll talk to the team...

nip

15. NOT ONE PERSON SAID ANYTHING ABOUT BEING SCARED BUT YOU FRANKS. ALL CULLIN AND MYSELF WAS TELLING YOU IS YOU ARE MISSING OUT ON A GOOD THING IF DONE AT THE PROPER TIME OF THE YEAR, ITS NOT LIKE YOU HAD ALL YOUR TOURNAMENTS FILLED THIS YEAR, SO IS IT BECAUSE PEOPLE WERE SCARED TO FISH AGSENT THOSE LOCALS, I THINK NOT. LAST YEAR WHEN I ASKED YOU IT WAS BECAUSE IT WAS TO FAR AWAY, THATS WHAT YOU TOLD ME AND NOW ITS BECAUSE OF NUMBERS. YOU TRY TO MAKE IT SOUND IN YOUR WORDS THAT I SAID PEOPLE WERE SCARED TO FISH THE RIVER BECAUSE OF ME, THATS A COP OUT, I NEVER SAID OR MENT NOTHING OF THE KIND, IF ANYTHING I WAS SAYING THAT ANYBODY CAN DO GOOD HERE. I JUST MADE MY LAST COMMENT ON THIS SUBJECT, DO WHATEVER YOU THINK WILL FILL YOUR FIELDS AND DONT LISTEN TO ANYBODY THAT MAKES A SUGGESTION BECAUSE THEY SURLEY MUST NOT KNOW WHAT WILL HELP.

16. Easy now banjo player, I was bustn' your chops completely!!!! :D It is a compliment what I was saying...

17. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

winter already???? c'mon frosty mornin's i'm ready for some ice!

18. LOL. I agree, I think someones afraid of the mighty Ohio river. Just kidding Rory.

As part of his team I'd be willing to try and hold him to his 75 signature petition deal. I've been wanting to go back to the river, but Rory is dead set against it. Spread the word and try to generate interest. Keep posting on this board. Saturate his email. He really is only concerned with the turnout and if we can keep the pressure on, he'll crack eventually.

19. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

oh, he will crack :D

i say drop west branch and add the river

guranteeeeeed the turn out will be better!

20. Vmax

Vmax

Yeah might as well come to river.If your out of it after first day you can always go to the track and play table games.